+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Virtuoso performance

Virtuoso performance

Dobbie today demonstrated his class today and was head and shoulders above the others on the pitch today. Worth the entrance fee alone to see this level of play from one of the fans favourites and word needs to get around so that other may see this mans ability. Before gushing too much about Stephen lets not forget the others on view today as there were no failures today and in particular praise needs also to be given to the younger lads. Dykes is a real find and thankfully we have signed him up to a long term contract.
    Lyle one goal away from his ton so lets have a turnout next Saturday for the visit of the Bairns to Palmerston and send them away tearful with Del boy achieving the 100 mark.

Second all that!

Fantastic skill by the Dobmeister and sometimes he is a step ahead of his teamates but sure the other players will cotton on to his movement. Also loved to see his two very young kids resplendent in their new royal blue replica Queens shirts shirts.

I was one of the few who did not rush to judgement on Stephen Dobbie's signing, preferring to see him play before I expressed an opinion. After this week I think it is fair to say that if he maintains his current form he will have been a more than useful signing. Indeed, on today's performance he is probably too good for this league which, in itself, may be a cause for concern. Two comments, if I may after today's game which turned out to be a very comfortable win in the end: 1) we desperately need another centre half. Just as Dobbie is too good for this league Brownlie is nowhere near good enough; and 2) the attendance was disappointing. It was the first home league game of the season; it came after a very good result against Hibs on Tuesday night; it was Stephen Dobbie's first start; and it was against Ayr United in their first season back in the Championship; and despite all that we couldn't break the 2000 barrier.

The Youth Beatz event at the Dock Park where 12,000 tickets were handed out would of seen some younger fans and some parents there instead of Palmerston .

Some of Dobbie's twist , turns and passing today were magical . He's a joy to watch

I am still in dreamland that we have the legend that is Stephen Dobbie back as he was absolutely amazing yesterday.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)