+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 from 6

Speaking of Evans, now that he’s not associated with United anymore, we don’t hear a dickie bird about him playing for Chesterfield from you lot. Wilson's not being crucified on OwlsTalk.

It’s almost like they didn’t care one bit about the crime, but just wanted to point score against United. Who’d have thunk it.

banno says it’s OK because that sort of thing goes on with lads every Saturday night.

You'd know all about point scoring Katch.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    You'd know all about point scoring Katch.

Bit harsh. The banno quote was naughty but the rest was spot on.

Not a peep about Evans playing for your old boys Wilson and Allen. If he was scoring for United you’d all be frothing at the mouth proclaiming United are worse than an ISIS/Third Reich/ Khmer Rouge stir-fry.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post

Not a peep about Evans playing for your old boys Wilson and Allen. If he was scoring for United you’d all be frothing at the mouth proclaiming United are worse than an ISIS/Third Reich/ Khmer Rouge stir-fry.
    I think you will find Katch that Evans has had his conviction overturned and is innocent until proven guilty, just a thought

Not a peep about Evans playing for your old boys Wilson and Allen. If he was scoring for United you’d all be frothing at the mouth proclaiming United are worse than an ISIS/Third Reich/ Khmer Rouge stir-fry

No froth from me Katch...I've only ever went along with what the justice system came up with & it's the same now.

LOLZZ

It's nice to see you two chaps have so much passion and admiration for our Judicial System. Now who's Rumpole and who's Judge Nutmeg? I'm obviously Dredd.

banno can be Rinder, I imagine their voices are similar.

4 from 9, disappointing after the previous 2 games. Could be worse though, 1 from 9.

No doubt had Evans scored for you lot in your opening 3 games Wednesday fans would have had far more to say on the subject. I personally hope he is getting plenty of stick from the opposition fans every game, he is basically in the same situation he was when playing for you that season - the powers that be deemed him to have committed a crime worthy of taking through the courts and he still has a case to answer. Wilson was happy to put points before anything else back then and his club was one of only a few that considered it worth taking him on before the next trial, not a big surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by hirstyboywonder View Post
    No doubt had Evans scored for you lot in your opening 3 games Wednesday fans would have had far more to say on the subject. I personally hope he is getting plenty of stick from the opposition fans every game, he is basically in the same situation he was when playing for you that season - the powers that be deemed him to have committed a crime worthy of taking through the courts and he still has a case to answer. Wilson was happy to put points before anything else back then and his club was one of only a few that considered it worth taking him on before the next trial, not a big surprise.
    The litmus test is what happens if he’s found guilty again in October. Nowt, would be my guess.

He’s at the right club I suppose, under the radar profile, the one manager who got the best out of him and a mate in Morgan who can look after him – even that being considered I didn’t think he’d adapt as quickly as he has. I have to say though, as someone who’s watched more than a few matches at Saltergate, it all feels a bit wrong, seeing his gurning face celebrating on the back of the Derbyshire Times.

There’s not been many correct decisions made at the Lane this past decade but turning our back on Evans was one of the few. I seem to be in the increasingly shrinking minority believing this though, our abysmal start making the Chederans discontent louder and louder. Funnily enough this might be the catalyst for fan opposition to McCabe becoming more organised and vocal. We shall see.

The litmus test is what happens if he’s found guilty again in October. Nowt, would be my guess.

He’s at the right club I suppose, under the radar profile, the one manager who got the best out of him and a mate in Morgan who can look after him – even that being considered I didn’t think he’d adapt as quickly as he has. I have to say though, as someone who’s watched more than a few matches at Saltergate, it all feels a bit wrong, seeing his gurning face celebrating on the back of the Derbyshire Times.

There’s not been many correct decisions made at the Lane this past decade but turning our back on Evans was one of the few. I seem to be in the increasingly shrinking minority believing this though, our abysmal start making the Chederans discontent louder and louder. Funnily enough this might be the catalyst for fan opposition to McCabe becoming more organised and vocal. We shall see.

What camp would you be in should unrest be shown to davros ?
    The bloke has obviously made some managerial howlers but he has brought stability to your club at a time when you needed it most.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)