+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stubbs = Redfearn

Stubbs = Redfearn

Some people are drawing this comparison already. I saw the debacle v Scunny friendly and the Morecambe game plus a mate who went today said we played the same basically clueless, views ???

Well he's made a similar slow start but give him another 4 or 5 games to see if the comparison is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Well he's made a similar slow start but give him another 4 or 5 games to see if the comparison is valid.
    Why wait for another 4or 5 games get rid now we will be well adrift of safety by then .
    This is not knee jerk reaction i genuinely believe stubbs is well out of his depth in this league .
    I realy dont know who we could get in to replace him unless warnock is still on tonys speedial.
    Its going to be a long hard season this year .

Quote Originally Posted by luvpud View Post
    Why wait for another 4or 5 games get rid now we will be well adrift of safety by then .
    This is not knee jerk reaction i genuinely believe stubbs is well out of his depth in this league .
    I realy dont know who we could get in to replace him unless warnock is still on tonys speedial.
    Its going to be a long hard season this year .

At this point last year we had zero points and had lost at home to MK Dons and away at Forest. This year we have 1pt with a home draw to Wolves and an away defeat to a recently relegated Premiership team with single players worth more than our entire team. No doubt we have issues to be resolved but getting rid of AS after two games? I'll agree with that luvpud if you are willing to pay up his contract. Remember, NW's procrastination was a key reason why AS was only left with 60 days between being appointed and our first competitive game.

I'd have gone for Gray. The fact that Stubbs has no experience of this league is against him for a start. For me, the minimum requirement was a manager who has tackled the Championship in the past, and preferably one who has successfully fought relegation from it before.

I didn't want Redfern to go, could see what he was trying to do and given time I think we would have been impressed.
    yes there seems to be a comparison between the two the question is will TS give Stubbs enough time to get it right?

Stubbs isn't a people's man is he, never acknowledges the fans.
    Last edited by millertop; 14-08-2016 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Predictive bloody text

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post

At this point last year we had zero points and had lost at home to MK Dons and away at Forest. This year we have 1pt with a home draw to Wolves and an away defeat to a recently relegated Premiership team with single players worth more than our entire team. No doubt we have issues to be resolved but getting rid of AS after two games? I'll agree with that luvpud if you are willing to pay up his contract. Remember, NW's procrastination was a key reason why AS was only left with 60 days between being appointed and our first competitive game.
    Give over with the common sense reply CAM, it's wasted on here...

Chuffin ell. I can see why so many have colourful lives, given their expertise in running football teams and suggesting a sacking after 2 league games. Moan, moan and then moan some more. Dismissive of the fact that Villa spend MILLIONS on players as though "Oh well, let's ignore that fact" coz I am the most happiest when I'm moaning. Moan moan and effin moan.

What Pete says.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post

Have to laugh at you lot. Pete and Back of the net dismiss contrary views on the basis that they believe the poster didn't go to the game. But when the expats weigh in on their side it's all; "Well, said Cam..." So wisdom can transcend oceans as long as it agrees with you? You really are a bunch of muppets and the light bulb king will give you what you obviously crave for - L1 football.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast