+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time for a new manager

A week is a long time in football. Let's not throw in the towel just yet.

It is however as both Dan and test state the decline of the club under venkys is for all to see and regardless of who is in charge we are slipping down the divisions
    bad decisions made by naivety has brought us to where we are now
    The need for the very perpetrators of our downfall to disappear so we can start again alot lower but at least with the club back
    until that happens we will continue to slide towards oblivion.

sacking Coyle will give Rovers a massive chance of staying up. 2 games in and he is making the same bad decisions and not learning from his mistakes. Another (better) manager would not do that. But we sacked that manager a while back and now he's at Blackpool. Good luck to him, I'm really glad he got another job in football. Rovers are in a huge mess. Its fine to keep blaming the Venky's but I will still maintain the real bad guys are the Walker Trust, who never get a mention anymore. they created this situation. But I hope the same fans who moaned almost non stop about Bowyer are all really happy now. But I must disagree with this notion of 'giving up'. Coyle is and never was the right man. He was simply cheap. It wouldn't be that bad, had he not been allowed to bring in his own full backroom staff all of which have no standing in the game, and all nobodies. To pay this lot up will cost a fair few bob now.

and with a decent manager, it keeps things ticking over. He brought in the likes of Gestede and we made a huge profit. Of course we can't keep selling off everyone. And changing manager will not stop that. But a decent manager, gives Rovers a fighting chance. They where never at risk of going down under Bowyer, I guess that's the point. Circumstances where just as difficult. But we stayed competitive on the pitch.
    But ....fans moaned, Didn't like the 'style'.
    Weirdly some are having flashbacks to when Allardyce was sacked? In one breath Bowyer was rounded on because the football was awful? But folk are having flashbacks to Sam ****ing Allardyce.

Totally agree. Removing this Keanster Coyle would at least give us a chance of stopping up before we are cut adrift. Becomes too difficult a job the longer it is left.

Whilst Venkys are poor owners,they were the only ones who wanted to buy us from the Walker Trust. So what good comes of trying to remove them if no one else with any proper finances wants to take over? Seneca dont appear to have the money to run a Championship or League I club?

I was a Bowyer supporter, but I can't support sacking Coyle this quickly. Gary Bowyer established stability. I just don't want to see that revolving door thing again. Presumably, a new man would again change all the background staff. In any case, what would it do to the already fragile confidence of the players?
    The other issue is, who would we get? It's mid-August!

Not posted on here for a few years.

Still going. (Dunno why)

For me, if we don't have a win by Saturday against Burton then he's got to go. I've never ever called for someones head so early and it doesn't sit right with me still, I am one who said we must give Lambert 5 years before a sacking (if we wasn't relegated)

I was unhappy with the appointment of Coyle, but after a few half decent signings I thought we could be OK. But to lose both our games so early on already is clearly not a good sign, players look disinterested. If the same happens the next two games then its OUT for me.

Absolutely Ben. When the game is over before half an hour has gone you know the team is in trouble.

Three massive problems:- 1. Tactics that would embarass a team like Stalybridge Celtic i.e. 2 youngsters in midfield with no protection and wide wingers,wide open to run through. Opposite to Lamberts "diamond-shape"midfield,which,at least was difficult to break down.
    2. Dreadful lack of fitness in the players. This is simply inexcusable.
    3. Playing players that you know are way out of their depth aka Henley who would struggle at Bedlington Terriers on this form ??

These are amateur mistakes.......unless there is a "turn around" in the next 2 games, Chestons "outstanding candidate" should be shown the exit door.

The manager is a dud but the Venky crew picked him, they know nothing about football as we know. So why him?
    Let's get to the bottom of the pit as soon as possible, ditch the clueless owners and start the road back. I for one would rather see us relegated and these idiots in the history books.
    Only then there is hope, at the moment there is none.

I'm sure the Venkys are closet Clarets fans.. Some of the things they have done to Rovers don't ring true..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)