+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lyle on brink of 100 goals and 300 appearances

Lyle on brink of 100 goals and 300 appearances

As Lyle sits on 99 goals I know that he's close to 300 appearances. He's 4th in the all-time goalscorers list, 15 goals behind Andy Thomson at 114 and he is nearing 20th in the all-time appearances list. Tommy Bryce Mark 2 is currently there on 297 and I know Lyle is close to this total or slightly ahead. Could someone confirm this? I was trying to work out from the programme totals.....

Yeaterdays programme has the Tan Man at 231 starts plus 68 coming on off the bench so add yesterday's start and it was his 300th appearance - hope this helps your stats !

I was fifty - fifty not that long ago about whether Derek Lyle would score 100 goals for Queens . Now, its certain and the only doubt is who he will score against and when. Queens fans like to debate what era/ players were better ( in their eyes ) but I am sure that young , old and middle age Queens fans will celebrate this tremendous feat as enthusiasticly as each other . The man is an official legend and its only a matter of time before he is up with Andy Thomson and Jim Patterson.

What is your favourite, most memorable Lyle goal?

Great to have stalwarts of the calibre of Lyle and Dobbie in the squad this year along with some exciting talents coming through. Hope I'm there when Derek hits the ton.

Thanks for those replies. It would be great to see Ly get to his required target this season and stay on to get ahead of Andy Thomson's 114 total.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Thanks for those replies. It would be great to see Lyle get to his required target this season and stay on to get ahead of Andy Thomson's 114 total.
    Looks like 100 goals in 300 games, a 1 in 3 return.

Sub appearance totals wouldnt count in working out a 'one in three ' or whatever goal average . I am guessing he has about a 1 goal in every 2.3 starts ( games)

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Sub appearance totals wouldnt count in working out a 'one in three ' or whatever goal average . I am guessing he has about a 1 goal in every 2.3 starts ( games)
    Even better then. I wonder how many games Thomson played for Queens and what his ratio was?

Andy made 196 appearances plus he came on 35 times from the bench for his 114 goals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)