+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens v Ayr Utd

Queens v Ayr Utd

Isn't it great to see our supporters with a little smile on their faces ? Been too many negative vibes amongst fans in the last few years so this is refreshing. I won't get carried away as we are only a handful of matches in but it's nice all the same . --------Ayr on Saturday and surely there will be some extra bodies in the ground now . At Tannadice , I seen lapsed fans who I haven't seen for a long time so hope springs eternal.---------Expecting Ayr to bring a good travelling support and a good atmosphere. Confidence on and off the pitch is high so bring it on and a Doonhamer win .

i can smell roundabout 3000ish turning up for this one likes ,il prob be wrong tho lol .

Jordan Marshall said ( on twitter) that he had tweaked his hamstring and shouldn't be out for long . Don't know if this rules him out for Saturday . Wasn't ideal to play last night without a left back or a stand in ( Higgins) but we got away with it somehow and against a very good side.

yep just goes to show how a different type of tactics can make a team look miles better ,skeltons high pressing and higher tempo tactics were what we were missing last season ,anyone could see last season we had more of an attcking squad but fowler seemed not to see it and defended alot more ,these tactics skelton is using suit this queens side perfectly ,im beggining to sniff a top four finish this season likes .marshall could be a big miss but with the high press it takes alot of pressure of the defence .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 10-08-2016 at 03:39 PM.

After the start to the season we've had and with the return of Steven Dobbie , if we can't get a bigger than average crowd this weekend then there's something seriously wrong .

Personally speaking I've taken time off work for this one and can't wait for it . As JR quite rightly says it's still early doors but the signs are encouraging . My only worry is we're getting short in numbers with injuries to Marshall , Higgins & Hilson , let's hope they're not out for too long .....

Scott Hooper of course played last night in the absence of Marshall. He played well but if you consider the lack of first team action, then he did remarkably so . In fact , Hooper has never let us down and I hope he makes the breakthrough this season .A mention about Darren Brownlie as well . He came on in Higgins absence at Tannadice and performed solidly. The guy beside me noticed that Dowie went to left sided centre half from right when Higgins went off . This allowed Brownlie to get talked to from Hamill on one side and Dowie on the other . Just a little tactical switch that shows Skelton is on the ball and is thinking of the task in hand .
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 10-08-2016 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    After the start to the season we've had and with the return of Steven Dobbie , if we can't get a bigger than average crowd this weekend then there's something seriously wrong .

Personally speaking I've taken time off work for this one and can't wait for it . As JR quite rightly says it's still early doors but the signs are encouraging . My only worry is we're getting short in numbers with injuries to Marshall , Higgins & Hilson , let's hope they're not out for too long .....
    I suspect we will be let down again by the D and G public who in the past have failed to turn out after an impressive away display !

Sadly probably true
    Crowd 2350

Put the admission price down to £12 or so and see if it makes a difference.

BIG problem for the "away" numbers this weekend - A76 is closed at critical times twice due to Sanqhuar Civic Day. Coupled with the usual Dumfries Loyal support I'm afraid anything above 2,500 will be a positive!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)