+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is this forum...

Why is this forum...

...so f**kin' dead?
    Hardly any activity...and please correct me if I'm wrong but this is THE most popular Alex site,is it not?
    Is everyone now doing Facebook or are these kind of forums on a steady decline?
    A few years back there was a regular pool of contributors who kept things busy...some good,some bad,some stupid and some,like Alexmick,like a stuck record with his continuous references to the 'north/south divide' and people 'having no money'.
    So where are they all?

I'm here!
    Don't do (anti) social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra The Great View Post
    ...so f**kin' dead?
    Hardly any activity...and please correct me if I'm wrong but this is THE most popular Alex site,is it not?
    Is everyone now doing Facebook or are these kind of forums on a steady decline?
    A few years back there was a regular pool of contributors who kept things busy...some good,some bad,some stupid and some,like Alexmick,like a stuck record with his continuous references to the 'north/south divide' and people 'having no money'.
    So where are they all?
    Quite correct - this site is dying

It's become far too difficult to use and has far too many pop up ads etc and stages to get in

The site has become more difficult to navigate around and the pop-up adds are ever-increasing in number. The number of regular contributors has declined. I did not contribute much in my first 2 – 3 years on this site, but decided to get more involved as last season progressed. The internal problems the Club faces remain unresolved, and SD is still the manager. There is no money for the new players the first team badly needs and the Academy debate is surely exhausted, though it remains an essential source of players for the Club.
    It has been difficult to obtain first-hand reports of matches I cannot get to. We used to get some excellent reports, and I hope that we do get these as the season progresses. I accept that my contributions do not always add value, and I do avoid some topics where I have no knowledge or an opinion not worth recording. Until the season unfolds, unless there is a dramatic signing or changes to the Board, there is little new to say. Maybe that is why a number of contributors have given up along with their season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXKNOWALL View Post
    Quite correct - this site is dying

It's become far too difficult to use and has far too many pop up ads etc and stages to get in
    Pop up ads? What are you using to access the site? Explorer? Chrome? Firefox?

It's a sign of the times most likely - forums are notoriously hard to keep going in the long run, especially with several Facebook groups dedicated to league football and a Crewe dedicated Facebook group with over 350 members now. It's no reflection on ChalkDust at all, it's just how things are with the prevalence of Social Media.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeDS View Post
    It's a sign of the times most likely - forums are notoriously hard to keep going in the long run, especially with several Facebook groups dedicated to league football and a Crewe dedicated Facebook group with over 350 members now. It's no reflection on ChalkDust at all, it's just how things are with the prevalence of Social Media.
    Hit the nail on the head mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust View Post
    Hit the nail on the head mate.
    ***** at one time was the busiest Crewe forum wasn't it,with a sizeable pool of regulars who posted daily?
    Mad was less busy but in time lots appeared to move over to Mad as ***** went belly-up,I seem to recall.
    Anyway...f**k the Vale and all Man Yoo scum in South Cheshire.

Could it be that people are put off by comments as above by people who claim "considerable intelligence"?

Three seasons of mediocrity?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast