+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Russia 2018 fan survey

Russia 2018 fan survey

Dear Rovers fans,

Many thanks for taking the time to read this. I am a Barnsley and England fan based in St Petersburg, who is involved in a project, the aim of which is to help travelling supporters have fun, and stay safe at Russia 2018 and beyond, and avoid many of the common pitfalls and complications associated with travelling to and around Russia – such as language barriers, cultural misunderstandings, and difficulties in finding decent places to eat, accommodation and transport tickets at a reasonable price.

Even if you are not intending on travelling to Russia 2018, if you have travelled abroad in the past to support your club or country, your information is invaluable to us. We are especially (but not exclusively) interested in the experiences of fans who travelled to Ukraine in 2012, as we are sure that many of the logistical problems which cropped up there will be repeated in Russia.

The survey can be found here - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/R577TJT - and will take about five minutes to fill in. You can also find us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1507475152867678/ - and our full website and app for download are planned for launch in the next few months. If you wish to contact me directly for any reason, you can drop me a line at john@worldcup-2018.info .

THIS PROJECT IS 100% INDEPENDENT AND UNOFFICIAL.

Best wishes, and good luck for the season.

Cheers, John

How much do you get paid for each completed survey ?

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit View Post
    How much do you get paid for each completed survey ?
    Nothing at all. This is an independent project by footy fans, for footy fans. I was in Ukraine in 2012 and it was a logistical mess. People queuing at the train station in Donetsk unable to buy tickets to Kiev because nobody there spoke English and most England fans are not exactly fluent in Russian. People with the runs unable to explain what they wanted in the chemist. Loads of locals wishing to rent out their accommodation but unable to do it, while England fans wandered round with nowhere to stay as the local hotels were so insanely overpriced. Russia 2018 is going to be exactly the same, and as an English footy fan who is fluent in Russian, I'd be very happy to help people avoid such situations. Yes, this is a commercial business project, but one that aims to stop people getting ripped off. Let's face it, who would you rather was showing you the ropes and sorting things out for you if you were in Russia? A fellow British footy fan, or a Russian guy with gold teeth in a 2001 beemer with blacked out windows, and a grasp of English worse than the average Millwall fan? I know which I'd chose!

Your slurr on Millwall says it all.. Phuck off pr!ck..
    If you came unstuck in russia the wall would be the first to bail you out..

Bearing in mind what happened at Wembley a couple of months ago, with Millwall fans attacking Barnsley supporting FAMILIES inside the stadium, it's hardly surprising that they're not my favourite bunch. By the way FYI, the response from other supporters so far has been overwhelmingly positive to this project. I honestly thought that Rovers fans were a decent bunch.

Just realised you're a Burnley fan. Have you really got nothing better to do than troll people on another club's site?

Not many posters on here but they all good guys in my book..
    As for (trolling) you are posting from st petersburg and you can phuck off..

I would rather stick pins in my eyes and paint the kitchen and watch it dry rather than watch England in Russia..

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)