+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A couple of weeks to go and the transfer window ends

A couple of weeks to go and the transfer window ends

AS has brought in young players to go with the experienced players here. All have little or no experience of the championship and none have been what could be classed as an out and out striker. No doubt there's goals in the squad but I don't believe some on here will be satisfied until:-

a) We get a big striker, and or,

b) Spend over a million quid on him.

But for how long? Failure to score in a few games will bring out the cries of "Waste of money", "Useless", "Shudda got Bradshaw".

AS says he has a clear idea of how he wants the team to play and will wait for the players he thinks can deliver. We as fans have to give him some leeway on this. Calls for him to go on other threads are ludicrous.

I personally hope that he does spend a huge amount on a striker, partly to shut up some of the AS?TS knockers and partly because I think that someone who spends that amount will have taken all the options into consideration before spending and not as knee jerk reaction to people who have never run a bath let alone a football team.

Because of international duty, there are two breaks between now and the Norwich game on 15 October. This can help the manager work with his team and knock out some teething problems. I want AS to succeed because he is manager of RUFC. Not sure if some of the posters on here feel the same way.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 15-08-2016 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Dangling title

Well I certainly want AS to succeed because I always want my club to do well.
    I think we certainly need a couple of strikers, preferably a powerful one who can get on the end of crosses and another mobile forward who can put half chances away.
    I think the current squad is a bit unbalanced and the midfield in particular looks lightweight when Frecks isn't available.
    A lot of the midfielders AS has recruited are a bit "samey" and there doesn't seem to be an enforcer amongst them.
    It would be nice if he could bring in a bit of experience to add some steel to the side as, without Frecks and Broadfoot, I'm struggling to think of any leaders in the squad.

Some numpties have already made their minds up about Stubbs, mind it doesn't surprise me.

Ye some experience would be good if possible with the injury problems. It was nice to see that Belaid and Newell are back training.

We'd of already gone bust if was up to some of the clueless idiots on the Facebook group, far worse than on here for numpties.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Well I certainly want AS to succeed because I always want my club to do well.
    I think we certainly need a couple of strikers, preferably a powerful one who can get on the end of crosses and another mobile forward who can put half chances away.
    I think the current squad is a bit unbalanced and the midfield in particular looks lightweight when Frecks isn't available.
    A lot of the midfielders AS has recruited are a bit "samey" and there doesn't seem to be an enforcer amongst them.
    It would be nice if he could bring in a bit of experience to add some steel to the side as, without Frecks and Broadfoot, I'm struggling to think of any leaders in the squad.
    Can't argue with much of that MM. Maybe Izzy Brown is the mobile forward who can work alongside someone who can get on the end of crosses. Difficult to think who could be brought in to add steel or lead in the absence of Frecks and Broadfoot. Problem is you are looking for experience AKA to some on this site as journeymen. its imperative that Frecks and Kirkie are absent from the team for the minimum amount of time because the team is simply not as good without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    We'd of already gone bust if was up to some of the clueless idiots on the Facebook group, far worse than on here for numpties.
    FB and Twitter are nightmares compared to a few on here. Still I don't know why people get so wound up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    Yes the term "think before you press send" is not commonly known on there is it.

That's football fans lol. Re: journeymen.

Tbh I can't believe that people are saying we miss Broadfoot after his bad start and the fans were more than slagging him off

You'll not catch me slagging him off, I think we'll be aright in defence when we get going, they don't turn bad players over night and they were great at the end of last season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast