+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Poor old Pompey

Poor old Pompey

Here they go again, another season of discontent.

It gets funnier every season, favourites to go up, loads of tickets sold and BOOM reality beckons, two draws and now a loss to the mighty Morecambe.

They're not very good are they !?
    League 2 is a tough one to get out of unless you have a good coach and players who respond. A healthy bank balance helps also.
    Little clubs seem to find the right formula, Burton and Wimbledon being recent examples.
    Argyle and Exeter are struggling but I expect them to improve. Not sure about Pompey though.

Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    They're not very good are they !?
    League 2 is a tough one to get out of unless you have a good coach and players who respond. A healthy bank balance helps also.
    Little clubs seem to find the right formula, Burton and Wimbledon being recent examples.
    Argyle and Exeter are struggling but I expect them to improve. Not sure about Pompey though.
    There must be some mistake. Surely they are p1ssing that league no?

Didn't even know they were playing.

Anyway, fu­ck Pompey.

Cheers chaps, this just might be our lucky thread!

How did you get on Saturday btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Southerndown View Post
    Cheers chaps, this just might be our lucky thread!

How did you get on Saturday btw?
    Your bunch of light weights need more than a bit of luck, nice to see you have finally got a win in division 4 though, wd sd, celebration time, woohoo up to 14th position in the bottom league.

Being pedantic we never played Saturday, I appreciate you Welsh/pompey types are generally behind but at least pretend you know what is going on.

I realised after I posted that it was Friday but I couldn't be arsed to change it. I was expecting to be picked up on it, probably from Proc though..

May as well give this another bump. I like how they have scraped draws in very winnable home games, and that's before the Europa distraction starts. Poo Hell will make Perrin look good......overpriced players from the French League? Good luck with that strategy.