+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thats Belfast For You

Thats Belfast For You

Just landed in Belfast. Went to get a taxi. Before i got in i was asked if i was "Decent". I explained i didnt understand but i may actually understand and he said "well you are scottish" so i said i "i support Aberdeen, make what you want of that". "Good enough" he said. "Get in".

Unreal that exists. He actually turned out to be a fine boy. He was telling me places to go when i come back with Jnr in August.then asked if i was needing a pint (obviously) and dropped me off at the best bar in Belfast.

Nae sure if he was a hun or a pig though as he didnt bat an eyelid at the fact i was away to watch Cliftonville. Who are more of the pig side of things

Welcome to Belfast

I have to disagree here. I love Belfast and found it to be one of the friendliest places I've ever been. Only time I was asked who I supported (you get asked everywhere in the world) was during the tour of the trouble spots. Even then there was no hassle despite being with a group of Huns and the tour being run by Catholics.

Get yourself to the Dirty Onion in the Cathedral Quarter. Great night out.

I’ve never been in it but there’s a bar in Belfast called the John Hewitt. Think it’s also a Gothenburg type bar, which is a coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’ve never been in it but there’s a bar in Belfast called the John Hewitt. Think it’s also a Gothenburg type bar, which is a coincidence
    Name:  _20190704_131312.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  97.0 KB

Im in it now

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I have to disagree here. I love Belfast and found it to be one of the friendliest places I've ever been. Only time I was asked who I supported (you get asked everywhere in the world) was during the tour of the trouble spots. Even then there was no hassle despite being with a group of Huns and the tour being run by Catholics.

Get yourself to the Dirty Onion in the Cathedral Quarter. Great night out.
    Never said anything bad.just the first person i spoke to asked me that. Its the mentallity. He was a really sound guy in the end.

I have been before to see Metallica and it was ace. Im back in August with Jnr too

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Im in it now
    Award yourself 10 loyalty points

Name:  _20190704_132036.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  89.2 KB

Aye Belfast is brilliant. You should take a walk down the Shankhill which is quite near the centre, it's a bit of an eye opener, I took a walk in the estate between the Shankhill and Crumlin and I had the feeling of being watched...but friendly people on the whole I would agree

A couple of pics posted on here from the outside of Cliftonville's ground and the surrounding streets just before kick off would be good

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Aye Belfast is brilliant. You should take a walk down the Shankhill which is quite near the centre, it's a bit of an eye opener, I took a walk in the estate between the Shankhill and Crumlin and I had the feeling of being watched...but friendly people on the whole I would agree

A couple of pics posted on here from the outside of Cliftonville's ground and the surrounding streets just before kick off would be good
    When i was here for Metallica (still married) we met a guy from Dumbarton in the hotel bar. (Dumbarton fan too Mason) He lived across the road. Ex fireman. Been in Belfast 35 years. Absolute gent of a man. He told us stories galore and then when he realised we were really interested he offered a tour. So two days later he drove us about for three hours. Showing us the sights. Best tour ive ever done. I had to force twenty quid in his hand for fuel when he dropped us off. Wouldnt take it but forced it. He knew his stuff. Top man.

Ill be the fitba tourist and get photaes

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Name:  _20190704_131312.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  97.0 KB

Im in it now
    Aye , Pacmin. Wearing a camo jacket is probably not helping the " friendly stranger " look, like.... ?!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast