+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: SFA Coaching Classes

SFA Coaching Classes

Has anyone been on any of the SFA coaching courses?

Looking to do the early touches 1.1 course and just wondering if anyone knows anything about it, how good it is and who takes it, e.g ex coaches, ex players etc? Seems to be a good geographic spread of locations aswell.

I did it over 20 years ago.

Jarvie and McLelland were the coaches. One of the boys from the SFA came up one evening. Ex-Killie player possibly. Obviously not even a household name in his own house.

Good fun and we learned a lot in 3 or 4 evenings in the Pittodrie car park. Plenty drills etc to keep the spoiled little flucvkers of Middleton Park from girning about everything (although it didn't - the ungrateful little prix).

I think I still have the videos which proves how long ago it was.

Nae the same year, probably, in fact definitely 1984

Lenny Taylor took the sessions (all day for maybe 4 Saturday's)
    Visit from Andy Roxbourgh (before he was Scotland manager) and a fair few of the best young schoolboy players were ( I imagine) forced to take part, including Davie Robertson the future judas.

In those days the C license was a 2 year course, I got married the following year so couldn't finish the course but it was worth doing and a decent laugh.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 22-08-2016 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I did it over 20 years ago.

One of the boys from the SFA came up one evening. Ex-Killie player possibly. Obviously not even a household name in his own house.
    It was Ross Mathie.

I went down to Largs for a athletic training course back in the 90s was a superb set up.

Didn't do the football course but will say this one of the best set ups I've ever seen .