+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Log cabins

Log cabins

Anyone on here love to live on one aye a real one not the type they sell in the caravan parks .

I would love to live on one ..
    If not what kind of house would you like to live in. I like my house just now it's a mock Tudor house they call them problem being plenty of rooms but none of them very big..

Was looking at buying some land and building one 2 years ago of in the sticks with the wildlife around how good would that be .

The Mrs has went cool on the idea as both the daughters now live in the brig of don.

Edit for this wow eh.
    http://www.logcabinhome.co.uk/log-ca...listhomes.html

Seven bedroom under £130.000

Maybe £100k for the finished article add the cost of the land maybe £70k on top

You wouldn't get your big telly in a log cabin with small rooms Buc.

Have you got enough wood?

Quote Originally Posted by scobiemacd View Post
    You wouldn't get your big telly in a log cabin with small rooms Buc.
    Aye scobie but I will get one anyway she did promise me sad thing is can't see us moving anytime soon
    Dash

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Have you got enough wood?
    Aye there's a forest oot the back gate not sure I'm allowed to chap soon trees though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

A yank workmate told me about this dude Richard Proenneke. So I looked for a book on him

He basically decided that he was to live in the wilderness in Alaska. He made everything himself from his cabin to his kitchen utensils and fending for himself from the land and rivers/lakes around him.
    Buc

You should give this book a bash. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. He lived there from '68 until '99 when his health deteriorated.

The book is basically the journals he kept while he was in Alaska and the whole building of his log cabin and the initial set up etc. There are bears and wolves too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Proenneke

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Buc

You should give this book a bash. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. He lived there from '68 until '99 when his health deteriorated.

The book is basically the journals he kept while he was in Alaska and the whole building of his log cabin and the initial set up etc. There are bears and wolves too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Proenneke
    I'm not a book reader due to dyslexia but I can read of course .
    Will speak to my wife about it as she's a massive book reader I'm sure reading about wildlife living would be down her street.
    Thanks for sharing that info with me.

Finally got my 75 inch 4k TV great for the film's off the firestick .