+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Scotland's skint

The figures that came out this week tells their own story and it's not a good one at all for the argument we would be better off independent. On the contrary I would say.
    I'm sorry to dissapointed you Stewarty but that is how it is with me and thousands of other Scots. We are much better sharing the rewards and burden being in the Union. Things have changed dramatically since 2014 making it even harder for us to go it alone.
    My mind will never change, that's the way I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodie80 View Post
    The figures that came out this week tells their own story and it's not a good one at all for the argument we would be better off independent. On the contrary I would say.
    I'm sorry to dissapointed you Stewarty but that is how it is with me and thousands of other Scots. We are much better sharing the rewards and burden being in the Union. Things have changed dramatically since 2014 making it even harder for us to go it alone.
    My mind will never change, that's the way I feel.
    It does not bother you under WM rule we live in one of the most unequal countries in the world ? It does not bother you the gap between the have's and have nots grows everyday ? It does not bother you we will spend £2Bn on weapons of mass destruction when child poverty is at its highest since the early 1800s. It does not bother you Scotland has a Government imposed on it one it never voted for ? It does not bother you that WM has squandered Scotland's rich resources on Wars and tax cut for the rich ?

As long as your alright Jack the rest of us can get tae, Your a selfish man Bodie dwell on that for a while.

There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know. Independence is coming its almost unstoppable now and propaganda like these totally screwed GERs figure don't fool the Scots anymore we've lived through project fear, I agree with you things have changed since 2014 every poll is showing an increased amount of people now back Independence

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    It does not bother you under WM rule we live in one of the most unequal countries in the world ? It does not bother you the gap between the have's and have nots grows everyday ? It does not bother you we will spend £2Bn on weapons of mass destruction when child poverty is at its highest since the early 1800s. It does not bother you Scotland has a Government imposed on it one it never voted for ? It does not bother you that WM has squandered Scotland's rich resources on Wars and tax cut for the rich ?

As long as your alright Jack the rest of us can get tae, Your a selfish man Bodie dwell on that for a while.

There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know. Independence is coming its almost unstoppable now and propaganda like these totally screwed GERs figure don't fool the Scots anymore we've lived through project fear, I agree with you things have changed since 2014 every poll is showing an increased amount of people now back Independence
    Hang on a minute Stewarty, you do not know me or what I do so you do not have the right to call me selfish. That is one thing I most definitely am not
    I could call you selfish by not accepting the vote of the Scottish people and still causing divide and hatred in our country. I will not do that though as I do not know you.
    As for independence coming, I would say not in my lifetime it's not.
    All I know is you are passionate for independence and have your reasons which you are entitled to but I am passionate about Scotland being a part of the Union and I have my reasons for.
    I can see quite clearly thank you. IMO it's you that cannot see clearly

Hang on a minute Stewarty, you do not know me or what I do so you do not have the right to call me selfish. That is one thing I most definitely am not
    I could call you selfish by not accepting the vote of the Scottish people and still causing divide and hatred in our country. I will not do that though as I do not know you.
    As for independence coming, I would say not in my lifetime it's not.
    All I know is you are passionate for independence and have your reasons which you are entitled to but I am passionate about Scotland being a part of the Union and I have my reasons for.
    I can see quite clearly thank you. IMO it's you that cannot see clearly
    Fair enough Bodie. I had no right to call you selfish and of course you're entitled to your views and beliefs, What disappoints me and with the greatest respect is you either knowingly or gullibly regurgitating the lie3s of the main stream media. A media who you must concede is very anti Indy. The GERs figures are a con! and I reserve the right to challenge these lies. Debate and truthful stats are fair, But being on the other side of the fence to you I have constantly got to challenge the lies and mis truths from the likes of the Daily Mail/ Express even the Record. Just a final point up to the referendum these GERs had shown Scotland in a surplus for 31 years but I bet you never heard that..... Years of GERS surpluses were dismissed out of hand when it came to the Independence referendum.
    Yet suddenly, when we have a deficit, GERS are held up as proof positive that they were absolutely right to vote NO. Maybe just an equal playing field is all I ask.

Fair enough Bodie. I had no right to call you selfish and of course you're entitled to your views and beliefs, What disappoints me and with the greatest respect is you either knowingly or gullibly regurgitating the lie3s of the main stream media. A media who you must concede is very anti Indy. The GERs figures are a con! and I reserve the right to challenge these lies. Debate and truthful stats are fair, But being on the other side of the fence to you I have constantly got to challenge the lies and mis truths from the likes of the Daily Mail/ Express even the Record. Just a final point up to the referendum these GERs had shown Scotland in a surplus for 31 years but I bet you never heard that..... Years of GERS surpluses were dismissed out of hand when it came to the Independence referendum.
    Yet suddenly, when we have a deficit, GERS are held up as proof positive that they were absolutely right to vote NO. Maybe just an equal playing field is all I ask.
    No worries Stewarty
    You call every msm paper and tv station liars if they don't agree with your agenda. That is one of the problems with the SNP just like they don't take resposibility for any of their phuck ups. It's always big bad WMs fault or someone else's. It's never theirs. We are never ever going to agree, you passionately support the SNP and independence while I passionately hate them and don't want independence. I respect but wholly disagree with your beliefs just like you do mine. You cannot understand why I feel like I do just like I cannot understand why people like you and Buc think like you do. I would love to bang your heads together to knock some sense into them. Life goes on and unfortunately people like me have to live with the fact that the SNP will not focus on running Scotland properly and concentrate on another bloody referendum. Just like you have to live with the fact Scotland is still part of the Union and most probably will be for your lifetime. It's the way of the world. Anyway no hard feelings

None whatsoever. I actually enjoy someone who is at the total end of the spectrum from me politically giving their views and opinions. And your right we will never accept each others "dogmas" but that's not the aim for me. Its that people in the middle The reluctant NO voters the soft No's as they are called is my true aim. Had a communication from my local YES group we have been put on high alert for the up-coming IndyRef2 and I think we have learned a lot from the practice run. All over Scotland activists are gearing up in their thousands. and we know we will win this time. My only genuine hope is that folk like yer good self will get behind an Independent Scotland and make it the great country we know it can be. So for sure absolutely no hard feelings. All the best Bodie.

None whatsoever. I actually enjoy someone who is at the total end of the spectrum from me politically giving their views and opinions. And your right we will never accept each others "dogmas" but that's not the aim for me. Its that people in the middle The reluctant NO voters the soft No's as they are called is my true aim. Had a communication from my local YES group we have been put on high alert for the up-coming IndyRef2 and I think we have learned a lot from the practice run. All over Scotland activists are gearing up in their thousands. and we know we will win this time. My only genuine hope is that folk like yer good self will get behind an Independent Scotland and make it the great country we know it can be. So for sure absolutely no hard feelings. All the best Bodie.
    You're not going to win Stewarty . if/when there is another referendum. And in the absolute tiny chance you do I'm afraid myself and my family will be moving down South. Practice run eh ? Once in a generation we were told. And I just want to say Scotland is a great country just now, let's not put that at risk for the dreams of some. All the best to you ana

You're not going to win Stewarty . if/when there is another referendum. And in the absolute tiny chance you do I'm afraid myself and my family will be moving down South. Practice run eh ? Once in a generation we were told. And I just want to say Scotland is a great country just now, let's not put that at risk for the dreams of some. All the best to you ana
    No-one was told 'once in a generation'. That was simply a personal opinion espoused by someone and leapt on by the media.
    Scotland will be independent. It is simply a matter of time. Those who do not wish to row the boat along with everyone else will be more than welcome to leave - to where, who knows. I doubt very much that those of us in England will want those of working age running away from their country. Hardly looks good on your CV...

Quote Originally Posted by JackSnakes View Post
    No-one was told 'once in a generation'. That was simply a personal opinion espoused by someone and leapt on by the media.
    Scotland will be independent. It is simply a matter of time. Those who do not wish to row the boat along with everyone else will be more than welcome to leave - to where, who knows. I doubt very much that those of us in England will want those of working age running away from their country. Hardly looks good on your CV...
    Well I believe it was once in a generation referendum. I hope and pray that Scotland will not become independent in my lifetime and as I said I would move my family down South. There is no way I would want to live in a skint, basket case Scotland after independence. My family's future is a or more important to me than my cv. I would get a job Jack, I always have. I don't sponge or take benefits from anyone.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)