+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time must be up for Davis

Ok get rid but give me an alternative who would work with the budget he has been given. Oh and when was the main shareholder going?
    End of last season? It's all gone quiet on that front, what happened to keeping the fans informed more?

There are always people who are prepared to take on a managerial job to get onto the ladder for big money . Its the boards job to pick the best prospect for our club if they have the experience to do this. lets say SD is on 100K a year. There will be a long list of applicants if is job becomes vacant

Well as I said give me an alternative ie their name

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    How is that the job of a fan? So if we can't give you a list then Davis should stay - that's a really daft argument.

Not my job to come up with a replacement, and even if I did, we did, the club wouldn't give it a seconds notice.

80 to 90k a year, a club like Crewe. You don't think there would be a queue? I do.

But currently we may as well have you or me on 40k and save 40k, it wouldn't be too much different would it! No-one is asking for much, just an improvement to the same old problems. Why can't we ever defend??!? Why so many excuses each week? Why rhetoric that is forgotten each time it becomes surpassed? Why do we have such a soft belly?

Is it Crewe Alexandra FC or SteveDavis FC? And I'd say that about any manager!

Let's just keep it as it is then, and watch us head towards none-league and a low fan base because as fans we can't construct a least of suitable managers. Can we all have jobs that are highly paid and where there is no accountability please

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post

Been thinking about this a lot because all managers have a shelf life no matter how good they are.
    Cloughie stayed far too long, many would argue Wenger has and on a lesser scale, look at Tisdale at Exeter!
    Collins is the clear front runner, that's just the way it works here - and considering the role SD was in prior to his appointment, not such a daft idea as even internal moves can transform.

But for now SD is here, and we should (many won't) support him.
    But if come October, a play-off looks way off, then I would say thanks and goodbye.

SD and Tisdale swapping clubs wouldn't be such a bad idea for both managers but one is predominantly Northern, the other Southern, so it seems a very long shot.

For me, realistic options would be someone like Nigel Adkins or Richard Money.
    I'd have either.

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs View Post
    How is that the job of a fan?

Not the job of a fan - but definitely the "job" of a forum!

We have had a number of postings in the past proposing alternatives so pick ump**** from those presently out of work or employed in non-league football - Gannon anyone?. If the job is advertised, there will be no shortage of applicants despite the financial constraints. I cannot see Crewe getting much out of the next three games unless we improve dramatically. We would then probably be three-quarters of the way down the table. Is that sufficient for the Board to take action, or if SD wins one of those three games, will some of the posters on here suddenly start posting that SD is the best thing since sliced bread?

I wanted SD sacked two seasons ago and my opinion has not changed. He may have delivered beyond expectations to keep us up for four seasons despite a lack of funds. However, what has he demonstrated by way of improvement? Just because there is no money, that does not preclude making changes. We are back in League Two and, whilst he has made some decent signings given his budget, it was again demonstrated at Cheltenham that we are going nowhere (though I do not think even SD is going to take us to the Vanarama) and the same errors are appearing again and again. Of course, SD cannot prepare for the blunders that gave away the goals on Saturday, but there is plenty he should be held to account for. This is going to be a long season.

Marcus Bignot?????

7 matches 5 away and 2 against higher grade clubs

Only 1 lost in 90 minutes

Saturday was a poor day!

They are going to happen!!

SD may not be the man? Could be a mid table finish but we are not heading for relegation

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    Not the job of a fan - but definitely the "job" of a forum!
    Yeah agreed lol, though it's pretty moot. How about Pennock?

I should also add my OP was really about the beginning of that question as I feel SD has Sept to prove himself right. 3 at home and 2 away. I'd want 9 from that!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast