+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Results (August 2016)

Results (August 2016)

New season and a newcomer, BramleyMiller58, secures the first place in the end of season playoffs with a 25pt winning performance courtesy of getting the correct scores at Blackburn (6), Brentford (7) and Cardiff (6) along with correct results at Huddersfield, Ipswich and Wigan (2pts each). Close but no cigar for rileyev.the.third who is runner up with 21pts. The least said about the August donkeys the better as I continue with the same form I ended last season.

Shockingly nobody predicted Barnsley's 4-0 thrashing of the Millers but at least 3 posters had the sense to go for a Barnsley win and that's 3 more than had Birmingham to beat Norwich. Ipswich v Preston supplied the most points (54) closely followed by Brentford v Sheff Wed (53).

Let me know if you think your scoring is wrong and look out for the September competition where I'll post the fixtures a couple of weeks in advance of them being played.

August Results
    CAMiller 4
    Adventus2012 10
    villamiller 10
    MillersFanDave 6
    mellowmiller 10
    mikemiller 4
    mos59 8
    pip_y 8
    Norma Snockers 4
    ScudTheMiller 14
    Casper64Frank 15
    redhouse 10
    LeedsMiller1989 19
    Brin 19
    vespabri 12
    BramleyMiller58 25
    NeztheMiller 6
    frogmiller 12
    monkey46 4
    TenpastChelsea 6
    rileyev.the.third 21

CAM

Thanks CAMiller, on the ball as always mate, unlike the set of plonkers that played in blue over at Oakwell this afternoon (the less said about that the better).

And talking about poor performances, my effort in today's predictions were just as bad.

***must try harder***

I'm in roughly the same position in the table as the Millers themselves.... thanks to t'Pigs fluking a last minute equaliser!

Luckily there is no table this year mike - everyone starts afresh on a level footing come September.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Luckily there is no table this year mike - everyone starts afresh on a level footing come September.
    19 points was a reasonable effort so not to bad a start….

Roll on September's fixtures…..

Dismayed at the the numbers taking part this year tbh…..there's a lot of hard work and effort that CAM put's in shame it's not appreciated as much…..

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    19 points was a reasonable effort so not to bad a start….

Roll on September's fixtures…..

Dismayed at the the numbers taking part this year tbh…..there's a lot of hard work and effort that CAM put's in shame it's not appreciated as much…..

Yes exactly Brin, we've lost quite a few who were regular posters a few years back, but having spoken to one or two of them I can understand their frustration with the MAD sites becoming so bloody frustrating at times and some can't even "log in" at all. I've been struggling to use the board lately with all the adverts jumping about all over the place and there are times when I've tried to reply to a thread only to find that I've been "logged out". In the end I just turn MillersMAD off.

I only use the site on my laptop with Ad Blocker active so never see any problems. However, yesterday as I was out and about and had a spare 10 minutes I decided to take a look on my phone. OMG as they say! It was unusable and within moments I had at least half a dozen pop-ups telling me I was infected with just about every disease on the planet I can certainly see why people have drifted away/given up.

21 was a better turnout than I expected and hopefully we can keep it around there with the new format. Just 7 attempt left to make the playoffs

Thanks Cam..I'm kinda looking forward to next months challenge already.
    The time and dedication you spend to all things mm is greatly appreciated.

Always the Bridesmaid lol.

Shame about the missing posters. I know Zippy cant log in so we don't get his match day photos now.

It took me ages and ended up having to create a new account and change my username.

That's 4 I've had now,I'm officially a multi!!!!

We have lost almost half of the players who finished last season so I wonder if that's down to logging in problems? They obviously could log in at one point as the board updates happened before season end, but so could Zippy. What do the FootyMad folks say is the problem - has anyone contacted them and heard back?