+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Maiden

Come to think of it Scobes.

Listen to "Eddie, Bruce and Paul" by NoFx. Sums up Iron Maiden quite well (And also mentions that they are a Judas Priest rip off)

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

But the are a f@cking massive band and make millions and bajillions doing it so fair play to them. Seen interviews with them and they all seem like decent blokes too.
    Huddon. Maiden aren't seen as the best band in the world, and they certainly aren't seen as the worlds most talented musicians, but its ok that they earn millions and bajillions, yet somehow its wrong for the very best footballers in the world to earn the same? How does that work then?

Ah, the hair's a distant memory now.
    Over the years I rocked traditional long ish hair, a kind of Joey Ramone affair, a truly hideous mullet mid/late 80s then, as I started gan bald, a last hurrah young Billy Connelly kinda look.
    Now?
    Shaved.

Quote Originally Posted by actonsheep View Post
    Huddon. Maiden aren't seen as the best band in the world, and they certainly aren't seen as the worlds most talented musicians, but its ok that they earn millions and bajillions, yet somehow its wrong for the very best footballers in the world to earn the same? How does that work then?
    Iron Maiden and Metallica are the highest grossing heavy metal bands on the planet. So Maiden are at the top of their game in terms of their job so they are the best in their field at the current moment.

comparing to overpaid football players is a bogus comparison
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 28-08-2016 at 04:25 PM.

^^^^^^^^^^

A lot of overpaid football players are not on top of their game and are not the best in their field. See Chinese fitba and English fitba.

had a mate had hair like dave mustaine he loved megadeth and iron maiden, i hate iron maiden, how the f##k did' bring you daughter to the slaughter' get to no1 still puzzles me , yes it was only for 1 week only but ?????????? i guess all the fans bought it the first few days then no c##t else bought it, mind you bruce dickinson seems a nice guy

Maidens Trooper beer is good stuff.

Nae your usual band puts name to something idea. Bruce Dickinson actually helped create it. I like it. First thing I ever got from my beer club. Theres a new stronger version out to that is 6.66%.

A staple on my mp3 when I am out running. There is something about them that just seems to motivate me aided by the fact that they wouldn't know what a ballad was if it smacked them on the face. Like JP as well but more certain songs. Metallica still rule though and can't wait for the new album in November. Going by the first track it should be decent and hopefully a tour as well.

Saw a young Iron Maiden supporting Judas Priest at the Capitol in 1980 and thought Maiden stole the show. Dinna see much of a rip off, they both had pretty distinctive sounds IMO.Judas Priest became almost glam rock at times

Quote Originally Posted by elginred View Post
    Saw a young Iron Maiden supporting Judas Priest at the Capitol in 1980 and thought Maiden stole the show. Dinna see much of a rip off, they both had pretty distinctive sounds IMO.Judas Priest became almost glam rock at times
    But that was Di'Anno Maiden. The better Maiden. Without Bruces falsetto. The falsetto added more elements of Priest along with the twin guitar leads
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 28-08-2016 at 06:32 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast