+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Been listening to a lot of this band recently . Never been much of a fan but my question is why are they disliked by some metal fans? To me they sound like a bit of a Judas Priest rip off, but I can see their appeal.

Killers is the best metal LP ever IMO, even though its nae very well produced.

Im not a big fan. First two albums, Iron Maiden and Killers are decent though. Then they have a few good songs when Bruce took over singing, Fear of The Dark, The Wicker Man, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, Be Quick or Be Dead. But im not big fan

Out of the stadium metal bands id put them last in appeal to me. I have seen them at the SECC and I cant deny that was good, Donington around 07-08 ended up sitting down and drinking beer and again at Donington this year and I walked about 45 mins in through shear boredom

But the are a f@cking massive band and make millions and bajillions doing it so fair play to them. Seen interviews with them and they all seem like decent blokes too.

But Judas Priest piss all over them if you ask me Scobes. Get listening to Painkiller and Screaming For Vengence, ditch Maiden

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    Killers is the best metal LP ever IMO, even though its nae very well produced.
    Bloody hell that's a bold statement

There are many better than that in my opinion

But "Ride the Lightning"v "Master of Puppets", "....and Justice for All" Metallicas holy trinity , "Reign In in Blood" by Slayer theres another one, "Pleasure To Kill" by Kreator, "Operation Mindcrime" by Queensryche, But opinions are like arseholes

Its probably got a lot to do with Killers being the first LP I ever bought. Live After Death has got to be one the best live metal LP's - that was definitely a band at their peak.

Sabotage and Among the Living have got to be up there as well when discussing the best metal albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    Sabotage .
    One of the greatest albums ever. Megalomania is pure brilliance

Cheers Pac, I got stuck into The mighty Priest a few years back so know most of their stuff. Will give the albums mentioned above a listen later.

Sorry lads not the type of music for auld buc .

It's just a noise from start to finish for me ..

I saw Maiden live 1980 at the Reading festival, it was yer man DiAno(sp?) that was still lead singer, afore the boy fae Samson joined.

Quite the hairy, greasy, heid-banging bar-steward I was in my yoof.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I saw Maiden live 1980 at the Reading festival, it was yer man DiAno(sp?) that was still lead singer, afore the boy fae Samson joined.

Quite the hairy, greasy, heid-banging bar-steward I was in my yoof.

Im getting on but still a heid banging bar-steward. Never had the hair or the grease though

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast