+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Accrington v Crewe *****SOLD DOWN THE RIVER CUP*****

Accrington v Crewe *****SOLD DOWN THE RIVER CUP*****

Expected changes and a 2-1 defeat for me.

Boycotting this just as I expect the majority of fans are. Don't be tempted to give in.

It's an away game so we don't suffer anyway. I WILL be there for the home games

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    It's an away game so we don't suffer anyway. I WILL be there for the home games
    Good for you. I'd rather not support the development squads of the Premier League.

http://thesetpieces.com/features/7692/

Thanks for the link. The article is perfect and hits the nail on the head.
    However, I am a Crewe Alex supporter and boycotting a home fixture will only have one result - it will hit the Alex and perpetuate the situation the article highlights. I'm not saying don't protest - I'm all for it! BUT choose your targets and don't hurt the Alex.
    On the other hand the competition may cause problems anyway as it is 3 more matches and therefore 3 opportunities for injuries during a busy time of the season.
    Finally, just to make it clear, I am totally opposed to the involvement of the 'elite' (Wolves under 23 -or is it 21????) but I wholeheartedly support a cup competition for the lower leagues.