+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stubbs confident he can lead turnaround

Stubbs confident he can lead turnaround

My greatest fear so far is, ( I believe ), we have chosen talented footballers to play a kind of football that is more related to Barcelona than Barnsley. But we aren't Barcelona and there are teams that will bully us off the park and have talent to boot. Many on here have cited the collapse at Barnsley to underline this point. Our survival last year was based on basic English football of no nonsense defending of row Z and the forwards hitting the opposition on the break.

We appear to have ONE PLAN and that's to outplay our opponents. To out football them by playing the ball from back to front - on the ground - the beautiful game - the WEST HAM WAY. But I have always said of West Ham that they are the best team in the league BUT no one will let them win!
    Very high aspirations indeed and for 35 minutes against Wolves we saw it - then ran out of steam and / or ideas.
    We will see - whatever plan A is - we need forwards TODAY - FINGERS CROSSED!

Think we'll all have a better idea of how realistic this statement is come 11pm tonight.

Today is one of the most important in our recent history, get it right we have a fighting chance, get it wrong and we'll be as good as down before the transfer window re-opens in January.

Agree to a certain extent,with Halford being a good example.At the start of last season when he was trying to pass it out of defence,he got a great deal of abuse,even when it worked.
    Several months later when he returned to the team,people thought he was much improved,even though his new playing style was just to smash it down the pitch to no one in particular.
    Perhaps you need the right crowd,as well as the players.

Good or typical journalism ,you cant even get your facts right Davis.

When we get our injured players back then we should be able to see if Stubbs is the right manager for us, I'm confident for now

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    When we get our injured players back then we should be able to see if Stubbs is the right manager for us, I'm confident for now
    I didn't realise we had 2 to 3 strikers currently on the treatment table.

Put the cheque book away Tony everything is sweet!!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    We are missing Broadfoot & Frecks. By 11 tonight would like to see championship quality at Left & Centre back & 2 strikers with some size about them.

[QUOTE=a123;38256584]I didn't realise we had 2 to 3 strikers currently on the treatment table.

Put the cheque book away Tony everything is sweet!![/QUOte

Obviously with a new striker on board but anyone can score (Newell) if they get the ball in the box
    I mean when Frecks, JCH, Broadfoot and Adeyemi are back along with the fitness of Mattock and Newell then we should start looking a lot better.

[QUOTE=millertop;38256595]
    Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    I didn't realise we had 2 to 3 strikers currently on the treatment table.

Put the cheque book away Tony everything is sweet!![/QUOte

Obviously with a new striker on board but anyone can score (Newell) if they get the ball in the box
    I mean when Frecks, JCH, Broadfoot and Adeyemi are back along with the fitness of Mattock and Newell then we should start looking a lot better.
    I initially thought at first that Alan Stubbs watched from the stands to get a fuller view of the game and left John Doolan to watch from the side, but it turns out that Stubbs sits on the bench and so watches the game from waist height! Meanwhile Doolan tends to watch with his hand on his chin. So when Stubbs is saying the players aren't showing enough passion, how would he describe his style of management?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast