+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rotherham United

Rotherham United

Staff and players.

I can't say I'm happy ATM you've made some big mistakes IMO but I'm sure you realise this and will know the fans will be upset.
    I've had my rants and will carry on with them when needed but I still believe we have some good players at the club who given time (please make that sooner rather than later) will show us that they are the right ones to get us climbing the table.

I don't know why you didn't get a striker (I could guess) but in future can you not leave it until the last minute and fail.

TS needs to carry on backing the manager (for now)
    RS needs to get a backbone (Twitter abuse)
    Stubbs needs to get the fans on his side and that won't help if he's arrogant (IMO)
    Rest need to get the best out of the lads on the training pitch and maybe we need more coaches in.

The fans could help by getting behind the players instead of walking away we hit a temporary bad spot.
    I will be there next home game, next away game and so on, still ranting but applauding also but I do expect the players to put a shift in.

Millertop, that's not a bad summation. I know I wind you and others on here up but at the risk af again attracting your ire can you explain how you can conclude "TS needs to carry on backing the manager." He appointed the guy from a sparkling list of candidates only a few weeks ago. In what sense has he backed him relative to managers at other Championship clubs? According to TS Stubbs made the potentially suicidal gesture of refusing to allow the club to buy Bradshaw or Gregory. Frankly, I have nevr come across anything like this sitaution in 58 years of watching football except perhaps the Blackpool car crash.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Staff and players.

I can't say I'm happy ATM you've made some big mistakes IMO but I'm sure you realise this and will know the fans will be upset.
    I've had my rants and will carry on with them when needed but I still believe we have some good players at the club who given time (please make that sooner rather than later) will show us that they are the right ones to get us climbing the table.

I don't know why you didn't get a striker (I could guess) but in future can you not leave it until the last minute and fail.

TS needs to carry on backing the manager (for now)
    RS needs to get a backbone (Twitter abuse)
    Stubbs needs to get the fans on his side and that won't help if he's arrogant (IMO)
    Rest need to get the best out of the lads on the training pitch and maybe we need more coaches in.

The fans could help by getting behind the players instead of walking away we hit a temporary bad spot.
    I will be there next home game, next away game and so on, still ranting but applauding also but I do expect the players to put a shift in.
    Edit.

Don't keep playing ward up front on his own who isn't really a striker, i know it's hard with us only having one striker ATM (Yates ) but you have got to have a change of plan and try something else, either try Yates with Ward up front together or even Ward with a CM up front together. Just try something.

Yes you make a good point Monty.
    What I mean is Stubbs is new to the championship and needs some time to find his feet, TS needs to have a little patience and carry on backing him for now (see what's happening at Xmas) before he considers getting rid and fetching yet another manager in.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Edit.

Don't keep playing ward up front on his own who isn't really a striker, i know it's hard with us only having one striker ATM (Yates ) but you have got to have a change of plan and try something else, either try Yates with Ward up front together or even Ward with a CM up front together. Just try something.
    And another thing.
    Halford needs to grow up and either support the manager/team when it's clearly needed or **** right out of here

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Millertop, that's not a bad summation. I know I wind you and others on here up but at the risk af again attracting your ire can you explain how you can conclude "TS needs to carry on backing the manager." He appointed the guy from a sparkling list of candidates only a few weeks ago. In what sense has he backed him relative to managers at other Championship clubs? According to TS Stubbs made the potentially suicidal gesture of refusing to allow the club to buy Bradshaw or Gregory. Frankly, I have nevr come across anything like this sitaution in 58 years of watching football except perhaps the Blackpool car crash.
    I well remember the season when we nearly folded as a club,walking away from Millmoor wondering if it would be the last time.I dont ever want to have that depressing thought again.