+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now it's time to have my say...

Now it's time to have my say...

I've kept my gob shut, bitten my tongue, kept my powder dry, as Herbie puts it, for several weeks in the hope - but not the expectation - that several rabbits would be pulled from the hat at the eleventh hour. After the pathetic capitulation at Oakwell AS reacted with talk of more players coming in, more players going out ahead of the deadline to counter our obvious deficiencies. Who arrives? One raw, untried ****ager. Not only that we lose two more players from the ill-fated, ill-advised Warsaw bonding expedition with Smallwood and Thorpe carrying the can for the failure of their work-shy, gutless colleagues, even though they were deemed not good enough for selection themselves on that odious occasion. So how have things been allowed to deteriorate so much...

We all know the Championship isn't a level playing field, it's grossly distorted by obscene revenue payments, billionaire foreign investors and big city clubs with vast catchment areas. But if we can't compete financially we should at the very least be doing our utmost to reduce the incline by maximising every option at our disposal. Yet, we've shown a total lack of forward planning; we were woefully ill-prepared for the current season; we have learnt nothing from our first two years in the Championship; we have shown ourselves to be clueless in the transfer market (and in how football operates in the modern world); we have fallen behind every single one of our competitors, and not just by a small margin and we have demonstrated precious little ambition or resolve to remain a Championship club, despite the Chairman's unsubstantiated rhetoric.

Over the last days, weeks and months (and years) we've been fed enough bullsh*t to cover the entire playing surface of the NYS several feet deep. I've even found my stomach churning and my hackles rising every time I hear somebody in authority at RUFC abuse or misrepresent the word 'quality'. AS has brought in a dozen players, not one of whom can be genuinely termed a 'quality' Championship player. And yet recruitment has, we're told, been focussed on precisely that. No it hasn't. In the main, it's been a gamble on inexperience and potential, a cheap option.

Gregory and Bradshaw were deemed too expensive, we had no interest, allegedly, in Armstrong and Le Fondre, Nyman's wage demands were far too excessive... All, possibly, valid arguments, to a greater or lesser degree, but they still don't explain the paucity of attacking options we now have at our disposal allied to the lack of a combative, driving force in midfield (Frecklington excepted, of course) and a defence with more leaks than the G&C roof.

I'm not pointing the finger or calling for sackings or resignations, I simply want some honesty, not to be treated like an imbecile, a recognition and an appreciation of where we stand and a plan to take us forward. TS has done more for this football club than I could ever have imagined possible. But only because his business ambitions have coincided with the needs of Rotherham United. He's seized an opportunity and taken a calculated risk in anticipation of substantial future returns. Let's not be fooled into believing the provision of a 21st century stadium for the good of Rotherham and its supporters was ever his primary motivation but now he's reached the very limits of his football knowledge and capabilities. By the same token having come this far he can't allow his investments to wither on the vine. Like G&C we're now in a perilous state of disrepair, in desperate need of a root and branch overhaul, a substantial restructuring and a major injection of capital or, at the very least, the urgent recruitment of someone with extensive and in-depth footballing expertise. A Neil Warnock.

Strange style of management by Stubbs,but he believes its the right way ,only time will tell.If he does succeed there will be a need for some apologies on here.

Brilliant Post. everything you have written here makes sense, The first thing i would like to happen now is for TS to come out of his Rabbit Hole and explain what has just happened in the Transfer Window, He promised us the world, he gave us a Planet that is now ready to explode, If he has a Plan tell us what the hell it is, there are a lot of Fans scratching there heads, pulling there Hair out,,,,,,,,,,, I just hope all is Ok with the Finances at the club..... UTM

LeedsMiller - crackin piece. Agree

Great post, everything you say is absolutely spot on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    Great post, everything you say is absolutely spot on!!!
    Ditto

Yeh...That's a good post from Leedsmiller.

Agree with all of that.

Leeds miller - great piece of writing but there is one point I think needs attention!

The bit where you say that not one "quality championship player" has been brought in - well BALL is one that might be considered ok but I do take your point - I really do!

But Rotherham United has a real glass ceiling that we can't break through !

Look - I come from a very basic upbringing - don't start - but as an analogy - I never had Levi stay press as a kid - I had the nearest thing my family could afford - I knew this but I was thankful that I had them - I've never brought in contractors to do my projects - I've got the best materials I could afford and manipulated them to emulate what loads of money could have done !

That is the millers world !

We are getting the best quality we can and trying to mould a team out of them - understand this and the stress will diminish!

We are jealous to death of the spenders - keep it real bro'.....we're doing the best we can - with the resources we have !

TS & AS are not telling fibs - they are saying what they are doing within the universe they are living in !

Yeah - when you get hooked up on the "I want Levi stay press" I would have being disrespecting my parents and upsetting them because they did the best for us within our budget and TS is doing the same.

No doubt he feels worse than you do about it - keep it real bro' and stress not - TS is doing his best !

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Leeds miller - great piece of writing but there is one point I think needs attention!

The bit where you say that not one "quality championship player" has been brought in - well BALL is one that might be considered ok but I do take your point - I really do!

But Rotherham United has a real glass ceiling that we can't break through !

Look - I come from a very basic upbringing - don't start - but as an analogy - I never had Levi stay press as a kid - I had the nearest thing my family could afford - I knew this but I was thankful that I had them - I've never brought in contractors to do my projects - I've got the best materials I could afford and manipulated them to emulate what loads of money could have done !

That is the millers world !

We are getting the best quality we can and trying to mould a team out of them - understand this and the stress will diminish!

We are jealous to death of the spenders - keep it real bro'.....we're doing the best we can - with the resources we have !

TS & AS are not telling fibs - they are saying what they are doing within the universe they are living in !

Yeah - when you get hooked up on the "I want Levi stay press" I would have being disrespecting my parents and upsetting them because they did the best for us within our budget and TS is doing the same.

No doubt he feels worse than you do about it - keep it real bro' and stress not - TS is doing his best !
    I'm sorry but I just find it totally unbelievable that from all the strikers available in the English league, Scottish League, Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Asia, Australasia, Arctic and Antarctic we cannot find a single one who is willing to sign for Rotherham United in 3 months of trying.

Whether it be pushing the boat out to sign an established player, or signing someone as an up and coming one for the future.

i agree but not warnock who i believe procastinated far too long and we would have been 2 nd choice if he had come plus he wasnt exactly positive about us.

football director yes neil warnock no

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast