+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In a darkened room

In a darkened room

with a very conspiratorial atmosphere addressing an audience of masked activists, their faces partially hidden, Reg begins to speak. All right...all right...but apart from having saved us from extinction, presided over two play off finals at Wembley, two successive promotions, a new Ground costing 30m, three seasons in the championship punching above our weight, what has Tony Stewart ever done for us ?

Spot on Parkgate , will never be able to repay the man and should be awarded a key to the town , however we will struggle while ever were trying to hold a One team crusade against the scumbag agents ! Whilst everyone else gets on with it and pays them !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by parkgatewelfare View Post
    with a very conspiratorial atmosphere addressing an audience of masked activists, their faces partially hidden, Reg begins to speak. All right...all right...but apart from having saved us from extinction, presided over two play off finals at Wembley, two successive promotions, a new Ground costing 30m, three seasons in the championship punching above our weight, what has Tony Stewart ever done for us ?
    The constant repetition of this is beyond tedium. The ground actually cost £20m and was paid for by a variety of grants, loans and investments. The club is repaying that initial outlay and the capital value remains with TS's property company.
    As to the rest, why the frick does the chairman get all the credit for performance? In every other club the manager and players get a bit of recognition. And please, the next person to quote the crappy cliche of "punching above our weight" should go and shove it. Pathetic bunch of grovellers that make me ashamed to be from Rotherham.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that unlike you, parkgatewelfare, Cornish and several of the rest of you bumpkins I am NOT a masked activist as my name and address has been available on MM to anyone who cares to read my posts. So please go and screw yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Oh, and I forgot to mention that unlike you, parkgatewelfare, Cornish and several of the rest of you bumpkins I am NOT a masked activist as my name and address has been available on MM to anyone who cares to read my posts. So please go and screw yourselves.
    ò

The problem is mate that all this becomes personal and what originally starts as an opinion becomes an argument or petty feud between posters and totally distorts the debate of the original topic. I have been guilty of that myself.

In the end it doesnt matter who you are as you are entitled to your opinion. I dont agree with it but the future will tell who is right or wrong. In the meantime, we have a superb stadium, a great chairman (In my opinion) and a team in transition, who undoubtably need some intensive coaching. I believe, like LBJ, that we are on the cusp of an exciting future if, and its a big if, we get the luck that has so far deserted us (injuries to key players).

We all want this club ROTHERHAM UNITED to do well dont we?

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    And please, the next person to quote the crappy cliche of "punching above our weight" should go and shove it.
    From the reports I saw we didn't do much punching last Saturday so should we change the cliche and consider that we are currently employing Ali's "rope-a-dope" tactics.

I'd like to meet up with the for and against TS brigade.

Have a few pints and a good face to face chat instead of typing the same thing over and over on here.

Be interesting to see if people would be comfortable throwing insults around in that sort of environment.

Would never happen though, none of the haters would turn up!!

The last club that didn't go along with agents and their demands were Blackpool and look where they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by mexicomiller View Post
    The last club that didn't go along with agents and their demands were Blackpool and look where they are now.
    Er in Blackpool

Hi pgw, welcome back although I know it will be brief.
    Don't take too much notice of Monty he has a downer on all footy chairman not just T.S.

It's Alan Stubbs & the player's we should concentrate on.
    You are the older wiser one so I don't have to tell you this , but I will.
    There seems to be a plethora of wind up merchants on here at the moment, you know who they are.

Take care keep in touch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast