+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The National Survey

The National Survey

Anyone impressed with the SNP's Summer Offensive for Independence? Asking party members to engage with 5 people each month for 3 months sounds a bit sinister tbh.

Wee bit annoying as well and I'm a yes voter.

The question as we all know has been asked and the answer given. Just like a child being refused it's favourite sweet, keep harping on and hope the parent capitulates.
    Advice to our elected government, concentrate on what you were elected to do, that is simply to run the country to the best of your ability.

It will happen soon enough anyway, they don't need to brainwash the nation. Westminster is the gift which keeps on giving in the battle for independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Wee bit annoying as well and I'm a yes voter.
    Samesies.

I can see why she gets on No voters tits.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    It will happen soon enough anyway, they don't need to brainwash the nation. Westminster is the gift which keeps on giving in the battle for independence.
    Yes indeed.

I've filled it in.

I think in my opinion is testing the water before a decision is made it may annoy some but there's no point going for it again unless we know we/they will win.

One thing for sure we won't be starting off at 33% or indeed going by the impartial P&J 27% only months before the vote .

The no campaign can't or indeed won't change their tactics we now know what to expect.
    I'm also sure the 3rd party in Scotland Labour won't be sharing NO campaign tables with the Tories.
    For me we need to take our time 10 years from now would be the right time.

I don't think it's sinister, it's a recognition that the SNP spend too much time talking to themselves and that they need to try and broaden their scope to win a second referendum.

The bothersome thing is that it shows the priority of the Government as opposed to health, education, the economy.

In Scotland, the constitution > everything else added together.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Grantland View Post
    I don't think it's sinister, it's a recognition that the SNP spend too much time talking to themselves and that they need to try and broaden their scope to win a second referendum.

The bothersome thing is that it shows the priority of the Government as opposed to health, education, the economy.

In Scotland, the constitution > everything else added together.
    Health education is a priority and of course independence Brian

In education
    Edinburgh was the highest placed university in Scotland can't remember their placing but was certainly high up in the world rankings
    Glasgow was 94th
    St Andrews was 111th
    Aberdeen university was 178th up 188 places in world rankings

The best rating that Scotland have ever achieved..
    ONS report Scotland best educated in the EU.

Regards NHS staffing numbers at a record high lowest mortality rates in the UK
    98% of all AE patients seen within 4 hours.

This year the SNP will pump in an extra £500 million into Scotlands health services and social care.
    That means our health budget will be a record £13 billion there's also an extra 10.600 workers in our NHS a record high.
    There's always more work to be done of course there is.

But I can tell you the NHS in England is struggling not only at staffing levels but with experienced nurses packing in mostly with early retirement now you and I know you can't buy experience.. with that wards such as neurological are struggling to cope neuro nurses are among the most trained and knowledgeable nurses anywhere in the NHS .

I know for a fact the SNP will not risk another vote unless they know they will win .
    We also know when we voted them in what they stand for.

Here's an update on the world's best universities Edinburgh being in 21st position even better than I'd thought it was for a population of 5-2 million people this is indeed some achievement..
    Here's the list.

http://www.topuniversities.com/unive...=false+search=

Quote Originally Posted by Buc View Post
    Here's an update on the world's best universities Edinburgh being in 21st position even better than I'd thought it was for a population of 5-2 million people this is indeed some achievement..
    Here's the list.

http://www.topuniversities.com/unive...=false+search=
    What does the population of the country have to do with it ?

Genuine question.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast