+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Onybudy ever had a deep

Onybudy ever had a deep

Fried Mars bar. Never had one myself but seen an ad for one the other day but can't remember where .
    Old age n that.
    If so are they really fine or indeed disgusting.

Seen the title and wondered where this thread was going, not as dirty as I was hoping for

On the Fried Mars bar front, never tried one, lots of finer stuff you can get from a chipper.

Never had one, but I did melt a Mars bar when I was about 12. I thought it would have tasted great but it was very disappointing.

In spite of the fact that the deep fried mars bar was invented in my home town, at the Carron Chipper by then proprietor Inngy Mowatt, I have never indulged.

We tried them when the craze first came out. Kick about in the school playground then up to meldrum chipper for a few battered sweeties. We tried the lot - mars, double decker, boost. Miserable feckers wouldn't do my maltesers though

First wee bit is really fine but soon get sick of it

Had one in Edinburgh around 15 years ago. It was...underwhelming. Then again, the standard of chippers in the capital is mostly poor. The batter was soggy which didn't help.

They sell them here in Brisbane at a place called Chompers (see the link below). I have tried their burgers which are decent but never their deep fried chocolate delicacies.

http://www.chompers.com.au/

This place also used to sell burgers which use Krispy Crème donuts as a bun.

Never actually had a deep fried Mars Bar BUT I sometimes melt a Mars when baking chocolate crispies = f i n e

Agree re Edinburgh chippies. Not the best. Never had a deep fried bar of chocolate, thought about it, but Im sure it would be a waste of money. I'm stunned folk still deep fry pizzas.

I'm a massive chocolate lover - I could honestly eat about 10 Mars bars every day. Pretty much anything made of or topped with chocolate will get wolfed in record time.

Was staying at my cousins in Stoney as a kid about 20-odd years ago when they first came out and my uncle was giving it "Oh you have to try these..."

They were f*cking disgusting. I can still taste it when I think about it and it still almost makes me puke.

Gads min

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post

Was staying at my cousins in Stoney as a kid about 20-odd years ago when they first came out and my uncle was giving it "Oh you have to try these..."

They were f*cking disgusting. I can still taste it when I think about it and it still almost makes me puke.

Gads min
    Are we still talking deep fried chocolate here Jam, or is that uncle now doing time ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast