+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hold off on the booing PLEASE

Hold off on the booing PLEASE

No matter what the team, how poorly they or individuals play please NO BOOING at them. They need encouragement and support. Also we are on TV so we want to gain a reputation for fearsome support for the Rams. Not turn on our team at the slightest setback. That will stop encouraging the opposition to come out of the blocks like Usain Bolt and turn the fans against their own team from the start.

We are the twelfth man!

PS Boo the ref and Newcastle as always.http://boards.footymad.net/images/smilies/bigwink.gif

I concur FR, my team's fans can be a bit grumpy too. Think it's the nature of folk these days. I remember singing throughout the game in days gone by but that was two generations ago. Good luck today, we're off to Dunfermline

I agree. I never ever boo. What's the point? I think the players know when we're not happy. I wanted to boo I'd go to the pantomime.

i'm hoping for a vast improvement today but not holding my breath. We have 3 tough games (today of course, we never beat Ipswich at home and Bristol will be no push over) so, without sounding too negative (OK, I am) we might need to brace ourselves for being in the bottom three before we start to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by FindernRam View Post
    No matter what the team, how poorly they or individuals play please NO BOOING at them. They need encouragement and support. Also we are on TV so we want to gain a reputation for fearsome support for the Rams. Not turn on our team at the slightest setback. That will stop encouraging the opposition to come out of the blocks like Usain Bolt and turn the fans against their own team from the start.

We are the twelfth man!

PS Boo the ref and Newcastle as always.http://boards.footymad.net/images/smilies/bigwink.gif
    That's fine in practice, but when you think about some of the absolute dross that some very highly paid players have served up this season, (and in previous seasons) can you blame anyone for booing. I read somewhere that support is a two way thing. The players generate from the pitch, and the fans respond by supporting the players, or vice versa.

Lets hope that for today, a combination of the occasion, the opponents and their fans, and 2 new players making their debut will lead to that two way event.

Quite right Findern...wonder when was the last time we had three probable home debutants.
    Roger will know.

As I said on the other forum before being banned, its going to take at least 6 months before we see improvement, then we need to offload another 3 or 4 players before bringing in another 2 that Pearson wants imo, its a re-build and it needs time.

I wont say anything else because it wound a few up on the other forum and I ended up being threatened with the cops as well as being banned.

You mean to say you got banned? I would never have thought....

You ought to be banned for being nice!! I agree that it will take time to sort out but that it has descended to this dross requires serious *******ins being handed out!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)