+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: england

england

having watched us play slovakia well most of it can anyone answer these questions.
    #1. how the hell is sterling international class he cant shoot pass or tackle biggest waste of money ever.
    2 why did we play two holding midfielders dier henderson at same time when we never even took barkley who can at least unlock defences with his passing.
    3. why did we not start with vardy as all defences hate pace running at them
    4. why not rashford he is direct skillful knows where goal is.
    and lastly my view is were so frightened to lose we just try to sneak a goal and call it a day where wales try and score every time they get the ball.

Rashford not being picked is a puzzle, as for the cautious approach i guess "Big Al" didn't want to lose his first match in charge and this was a potential banana skin, hopefully we will see a more adventurous approach next game?

i doubt it swale dour and dreary but i was glad skertel went deserved it straight red

Quote Originally Posted by southernram22 View Post
    having watched us play slovakia well most of it can anyone answer these questions.
    #1. how the hell is sterling international class he cant shoot pass or tackle biggest waste of money ever.

It's about time he showed something. Only Walcott has had more!

2 why did we play two holding midfielders dier henderson at same time when we never even took barkley who can at least unlock defences with his passing.

Especially as we knew they would be ultra defensive. How Henderson gets picked anyway is beyond me. He is not good enough.

3. why did we not start with vardy as all defences hate pace running at them

Vardy would be good against a team with adventure, but against teams that sit back I have my doubts.

4. why not rashford he is direct skillful knows where goal is.

Not proven at this level. Will judge him when I see he has tight ball control, but he couldn't have been worse than Kane who seems shorn of confidence.

#5. my view is were so frightened to lose we just try to sneak a goal and call it a day where wales try and score every time they get the ball.

I didn't see it that way. We played the Derby way. Slow ponderous build up play with little off-ball movement, which is utterly predictable. We did play better in the second half after subs.

I agree, watching England is just like watching Derby, except we don't manage to sneak a last second winner!

I don't really want to change allegiance nor nationality, in order to watch exciting football!

against my better judgement, I watched the game on sunday and Jesus wept what an embarrassment. Back to one-day cicket for me!

Quote Originally Posted by southernram22 View Post
    i doubt it swale dour and dreary but i was glad skertel went deserved it straight red
    It was but I guess we have to give the guy a chance and see how things develop a bit more adventure and letting our young talent blossom would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    against my better judgement, I watched the game on sunday and Jesus wept what an embarrassment. Back to one-day cicket for me!
    Yeah...that went well on Sunday and tonight.

You will have a long wait until April!!

If Rooney had dropped any deeper he'd have been with the stewards behind the goal!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)