+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smallwood?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    A copse.

or something Snow White found out to her disappointment when she spent the night with the 7 dwarfs.

I often see players making safe but meaningless passes and I wonder if it has anything to do with statistics on prozone.A player comes off the pitch with an 80% or 90% successful pass rate so he must have played well.The fact that a lot of the passes were sideways,backwards or over 2/3 yards and of no danger to the opposition is camouflaged in the figures.Anyone who has seen Swansea or Liverpool under Brendan Rodgers will get my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post

or something Snow White found out to her disappointment when she spent the night with the 7 dwarfs.
    What... in a wood. (copse).

It’s true Ritchie’s form had dipped and it may be true that he passed too much in the wrong direction. Could have been a growing lack of confidence and he certainly missed Frecks, we all have.

Hope he restores his game and good form. An honest player and hardworking but somehow, I reckon there is no place for him as long as AS is manager.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Ritchies departure has everything to do with AS's "vision" of what he wants from his team. I have to say that those who sit around me - I mean the whole area - reacted numerous times when Ritchie received the ball this year - when an instant pass "was on" he didn't make it - perhaps he didn't see it - but instead he turned once - twice - looking around for the safe option - and was caught in possession a few times.....he needed to sharpen up or is that his style - certainly NOT what AS wants ! ( I suspect ) Love the guy to bits for his part in our growth but the team needs to evolve to higher level - and slick - one touch football is essential.

I dont know how old you are but i suspect youre not that old....just what higher level are you talking about ?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I think Ritchie hasn't started this season too well but he is still probably our best defensive midfielder. How someone can put Adeyemi ahead of him when he's only played 45 minutes for us is baffling.
    Smallwood always looks better when Frecks is alongside him but then that's true of everyone else in our midfield.
    Hope Frecks makes it for Saturday.
    Stop putting a bloody T in Richie!

Please check the spelling of "Ritchie" I think it's OK....Perhaps it's a variation of the spelling - not sure - but there are plenty of "Ritchie's" about !

As for "Higher levels"

We've seen a constant improvement in the quality of football in every league we've been in over the years - we'll we have continue to improve / evolve to a higher level of: decision making - movement - passing - control - fitness - you name it - because this league demands it. AS will certainly demand it !

I don't know what my age has to do with it ?

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Please check the spelling of "Ritchie" I think it's OK....Perhaps it's a variation of the spelling - not sure - but there are plenty of "Ritchie's" about !

As for "Higher levels"

We've seen a constant improvement in the quality of football in every league we've been in over the years - we'll we have continue to improve / evolve to a higher level of: decision making - movement - passing - control - fitness - you name it - because this league demands it. AS will certainly demand it !

I don't know what my age has to do with it ?
    Not having a go at you because of your age but by reading your posts you seem younger than most...maybe not...i like many others on here have seen this type of wholesale change to the team before and it doesnt usually work..we are still using "live" matches and formations to find our best 11, by the time we find it, it could be too late..and for the higher levels bit, weve got a winger from peterboro, a winger from walsall, players from scotland and championship players nobody wanted..
    Smallwood may not have been at his best, but had he been no good, warnock would have put him on his bye bye list..now we have no one to rough midfield up...

Looking at the games smallwood played last season. Without Halford and Frecks in that midfield 3 way partnership our record is very poor. He was part of a cog that worked very good together. Remove one part and it can go either way. The partnership improves or gets worst.
    This season the cogs have been removed
    AS will either get it right or be unemployed time will decide.

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    Not having a go at you because of your age but by reading your posts you seem younger than most...maybe not...i like many others on here have seen this type of wholesale change to the team before and it doesnt usually work..we are still using "live" matches and formations to find our best 11, by the time we find it, it could be too late..and for the higher levels bit, weve got a winger from peterboro, a winger from walsall, players from scotland and championship players nobody wanted..
    Smallwood may not have been at his best, but had he been no good, warnock would have put him on his bye bye list..now we have no one to rough midfield up...
    Agree on the Smallwood bit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast