+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You could hear a pin drop in here

You could hear a pin drop in here

Its quieter than the Marie Celeste on a crew party night. Its like four introverts are engaged in a staring competition in a library. Its like the time the wife had fallen out of the back seat of the car further back down the road. When told I thought "Thank God, I thought I had gone deaf it was so quiet!"

Not even a murmur from the Brexit protagonists, the transfer window attracted little comment and now even Trappist monks would fear such sedatephobic tendencies as this forum exhibits.

Silence is a meeting place of universal acceptance and equality where the entire planet meets at or on the same level. The entire planet meaning humans, animals, birds; the whole of nature and life. Even Forest fans. Silence is the backdrop to life, the blank canvas on which you paint your experiences of being. The antidote to a fear of silence is to listen and in listening, you’ll notice something incredible, something wonderful and awe inspiring – silence heals.

So on this triumphant note I will bid my farewell: I would like to say its been a pleasure, and they do ask the last person out to close the door. So here goes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dghr1qclOS0

Sadley I think you're right Rodger. Whether it's the adverts, the brexit thread that went on and on, or just lack of interest I don't know.But for some reason I think this board is finished. I did used to enjoy reading it with it's comments but now it's not even worth logging on as no one replies to any posts. I think even Rattea could post to say Clough was rubbish, McClaren was the best manager we ever had and Hughes is a world beater but no one would bother to reply. I hope the Rams don't start suffering the same support. So nice to have read your comments over the years Roger and farewell too.

Quote Originally Posted by ramspride View Post
    Sadley I think you're right Rodger. Whether it's the adverts, the brexit thread that went on and on, or just lack of interest I don't know.But for some reason I think this board is finished. I did used to enjoy reading it with it's comments but now it's not even worth logging on as no one replies to any posts. I think even Rattea could post to say Clough was rubbish, McClaren was the best manager we ever had and Hughes is a world beater but no one would bother to reply. I hope the Rams don't start suffering the same support. So nice to have read your comments over the years Roger and farewell too.
    Its lack of league action that's the prob at the mo. All we need is ten games without defeat and the place will be rammed with folk all agreeing that this is the best team since 1976 or something similar.

Derby County Mad, age 14, died at the Shelton Lock Care Home in Derby, on Wednesday, September 7th, 2016. The cause was chronic disinterest exacerbated by a number of overdoses of excess advertising and down time.

Born in July 2002, in Derbyshire Royal Infirmary, it was hosted in various locations before its final resting place. it worked on and off despite the better efforts of its headquarters administration to render it unusable at various times of its existence. It was a member of the Football Mad group of sites and occasionally hosted dissident groups from other alienated "Mad Sites" as well as its own.

Survivors include its longtime administrator, Bloomer Ram, and its cohort of satanic moderators led by Simone Rattea and Christophe, together with sometime lover Lord Ramondo of Borrowash. Derby County Mad was preceded in death by its cousin Nottingham Forest Mad and a number of more distant relatives.

Services will be held at on 2 p.m., Friday September 9th, at the Markeaton Lane Crematorium, DE22 4NH Derby. The cremation will be held in private. Relatives and friends are welcome at a service before the cremation and the reception at the Jonty Farmer immediately following it, from 3 to 5 p.m.

A book of remembrance has been created at the crematorium website - https://www.remembranceonline.co.uk/...on-crematorium

Memorial contributions are welcome and should be mailed to Fleecehaven, a Charitable Sheep Sanctuary in North Devon: address as follows - Howley Park, East Buckland, Barnstaple. Devon, EX32 0TD.

Roger Have you never heard of the saying If yove nowt to say its best to say nowt

At least it shows 3 of us still read the posts Roger

Don't panic. It's just that there's been no football worth talking about for so long isn't it? Can't see how the Brexit thing is to blame...as you say RP, 'it went on and on'...that's a good thing isn't it?
    I'm going away shortly but hope to keep in touch with the team's progress through DCM.
    Sad that some posters who I used to genuinely respect - Ramondo, Cornwall Ram, Manx and VDLH - seem to have disappeared and it's about time Angry came back.
    Once the business starts again and we thrash (or get thrashed by) Newcastle I'm sure it'll soon be busy again...hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Its quieter than the Marie Celeste on a crew party night. Its like four introverts are engaged in a staring competition in a library. Its like the time the wife had fallen out of the back seat of the car further back down the road. When told I thought "Thank God, I thought I had gone deaf it was so quiet!"

Not even a murmur from the Brexit protagonists, the transfer window attracted little comment and now even Trappist monks would fear such sedatephobic tendencies as this forum exhibits.

Silence is a meeting place of universal acceptance and equality where the entire planet meets at or on the same level. The entire planet meaning humans, animals, birds; the whole of nature and life. Even Forest fans. Silence is the backdrop to life, the blank canvas on which you paint your experiences of being. The antidote to a fear of silence is to listen and in listening, you’ll notice something incredible, something wonderful and awe inspiring – silence heals.

So on this triumphant note I will bid my farewell: I would like to say its been a pleasure, and they do ask the last person out to close the door. So here goes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dghr1qclOS0
    It's been a hoot Rog.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Don't panic. It's just that there's been no football worth talking about for so long isn't it? Can't see how the Brexit thing is to blame...as you say RP, 'it went on and on'...that's a good thing isn't it?
    I'm going away shortly but hope to keep in touch with the team's progress through DCM.
    Sad that some posters who I used to genuinely respect - Ramondo, Cornwall Ram, Manx and VDLH - seem to have disappeared and it's about time Angry came back.
    Once the business starts again and we thrash (or get thrashed by) Newcastle I'm sure it'll soon be busy again...hope so.
    and ermmm <ahem> ....

Quote Originally Posted by ellafella View Post
    and ermmm <ahem> ....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)