+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: St Mirren v Queens

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=58161 St Mirren official website report

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Hilson man of the match on the travel club buses.Deservedly so in my opinion.Ran himself into the ground,covering every inch of the pitch.
    Was thinking Hilson deserved the Man of the Match too. Who did the travel club go for at the Pars game? I thought Marshall was excellent that day and Jacobs last week vs. Stenny.

This was a good, solid performance and a well deserved win although we should not lose sight of the fact that Lee Robinson was called upon to make several very good saves and that they hit the post. One complaint, if I may: Young Mr Pickard (whom I don't rate all that highly) needs to watch his step. There was one outrageous sliding tackle which, if it had connected, would in all probability have resulted in a straight red card. Some of you may have seen the referee have a quiet word with him soon afterwards. There is enthusiasm and then there is stupidity and that attempted tackle went well beyond enthusiasm.

Not the first time this has been said on this Forum so hopefully Mr Skelton has a wee word in his ear or teaches the young lad how to time his tackles

Jordan Marshall was man of match on Travel club coaches at Dunfermine

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell View Post
    This was a good, solid performance and a well deserved win although we should not lose sight of the fact that Lee Robinson was called upon to make several very good saves and that they hit the post. One complaint, if I may: Young Mr Pickard (whom I don't rate all that highly) needs to watch his step. There was one outrageous sliding tackle which, if it had connected, would in all probability have resulted in a straight red card. Some of you may have seen the referee have a quiet word with him soon afterwards. There is enthusiasm and then there is stupidity and that attempted tackle went well beyond enthusiasm.
    I think "stupidity" is a bit strong a term to use in describing Jake Pickard's actions. I can't really say I recall the incident as a potential flashpoint and was certainly no worse than the St. Mirren wingers tackle on Hamill late in the game. Pickard is a young, relatively inexperienced player and perhaps a bit over-enthusiastic. He is a big, strong player, maybe a bit slow because of his build and will always be susceptible to making rash challenges when faced with speedier, more skilful opponents. That is something that maybe he will improve on with experience but in the meantime I do think it wouldn't go amiss for the coaching staff to have a quiet word. One thing you don't want though is to frighten your midfielders off from making tackles or letting their opponent know that they're there so I wouldn't like to curb his "enthusiasm" too much. I do agree with your overall rating of this particular player though I should add.

If someone is a bit slow because of their strong physique, then they are at a huge disadvantage. I have heard that the boy is phenomenally strong in the gym ( on the weights) but this solid muscle doesn't do you any favours in this game unless you are a centre half or certain type of forward.

Another solid all round team performance which have moved Queens up to 2nd in the league.
    Robinson made some great saves especially the free kick from Mallen when the game was still goalless.
    Lyle & Dobbie continuing with the goals with Hilson & Anderson pace on the sides really makes this team enjoyable to watch.

Hilson was also my MOTM for this game and Dykes when back fit well find in hard to get back into the team which Higgins is currently finding out about as he can`t get back in because of the form Brownlie is in which is much improved performances from last season.

Skelton has done an amazing job with this team and long may it continue throughout the season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)