+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tactics

Tactics

The tactics and formation are rubbish
    Listening to Pearson is a worry
    Crying out for a holding midfielder to release Hughes and Bryson
    Shackell and Olsen need to look forward more and do things quicker
    Russell needs to come out for a holding midfielder
    Rawson Butterfield Johnson could all do it
    I would swap Olsen for Lowe
    Shackell for Rawson as well

Shackell got forward more times today than Hughes did! Each time he got the ball he passed it to the centre backs.

I'm not really sure what Pearson's trying to do, no creativity in our play. It may well come good, but it's so painful to watch at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Shackell got forward more times today than Hughes did! Each time he got the ball he passed it to the centre backs.

I'm not really sure what Pearson's trying to do, no creativity in our play. It may well come good, but it's so painful to watch at the moment.
    Hughes and Bryson are key
    If we can't let them play rather than win tackles and get closed down we are doomed
    get them both further forward and we will be ok

We need Thorne back for sure. He is the key missing ingredient.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
    We need Thorne back for sure. He is the key missing ingredient.
    but... listening to Pearson he's a 442 manager and that won't suit Thorne

The only way we will score will be to play 4-4-3

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    The tactics and formation are rubbish
    Listening to Pearson is a worry
    Crying out for a holding midfielder to release Hughes and Bryson
    Shackell and Olsen need to look forward more and do things quicker
    Russell needs to come out for a holding midfielder
    Rawson Butterfield Johnson could all do it
    I would swap Olsen for Lowe
    Shackell for Rawson as well
    Pearson continues to be clueless. Derby team look clueless...clueless managers produce clueless teams.
    WITH 3 NEW FORWARDS IN, NEWCASTLE'S centre halves looked totally at ease.

Rawson could play the holding midfield role but my comments are all in vain. I suspect that Pearson will persist with his shambolic formation. Derby looked like a League 1 side playing a Premiership team...they held us at arm's length, had great poise and shape all way through. It was like a cat teasing a mouse.

Agree entirely Ella. Like taking candy from a baby we were clueless. The team? don't seem to know what they are doing. I tried to listen to Pearson being interviewed after the game but fell asleep half way through. I thought he was brought in to motivate the team. Well if he talks to them how he talks to Radio Derby heaven help us. Did any count how many times Shackell passed sideways to Keogh is the idiot told to do that or is it just to bore the adds of the fans and opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by ellafella View Post
    Pearson continues to be clueless. Derby team look clueless...clueless managers produce clueless teams.
    WITH 3 NEW FORWARDS IN, NEWCASTLE'S centre halves looked totally at ease.

Rawson could play the holding midfield role but my comments are all in vain. I suspect that Pearson will persist with his shambolic formation. Derby looked like a League 1 side playing a Premiership team...they held us at arm's length, had great poise and shape all way through. It was like a cat teasing a mouse.
    I actually thought it was an improvement today, but hey what do I know? I do know we ahd the same sort of games many times when playing 4-3-3 under both Clement and Wassall so laying the blame at Pearson's door is ovr the top, but I can see your no fan of the guy Ella!!

As I said at the start of the season, its too early to start slagging the manager off and some of the suggested player changes and tactics being made on here are frankly laughable, amazing how those in the stands seem to know what to do and how to turn this around when the combined experience and knowledge of Pearson, Powell, Phillps and idiakez apparently dont!

We will see where we are with 10 games gone, but it will take time for the new boys to bed in, some promising signs though and I'm quitely confident that come Xmas we will be saying different things about the team.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I actually thought it was an improvement today, but hey what do I know? I do know we ahd the same sort of games many times when playing 4-3-3 under both Clement and Wassall so laying the blame at Pearson's door is ovr the top, but I can see your no fan of the guy Ella!!

As I said at the start of the season, its too early to start slagging the manager off and some of the suggested player changes and tactics being made on here are frankly laughable, amazing how those in the stands seem to know what to do and how to turn this around when the combined experience and knowledge of Pearson, Powell, Phillps and idiakez apparently dont!

We will see where we are with 10 games gone, but it will take time for the new boys to bed in, some promising signs though and I'm quitely confident that come Xmas we will be saying different things about the team.
    What were the promising signs Swaley? Can you list them?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)