+ Visit Scotland for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 181 to 192 of 192

Thread: Hang them high

  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangersmandownunder View Post
    David Douglas was an IRA man, he was done for guns and robbery before being done for drugs.

    The journo might be a bit on the loopy side, but you try writing articles exposing the provos without sweating like a bombay money lender.

    I don't get this desire to try to deny they sold drugs, the provos made money from trafficking drugs, bug phukin deal, on the scale of what they done this is way way down the list, accept it and move on furfuxake.

    Yes we know he was done for guns and robbery before being done for drugs - but you still haven't grasped the fact that it doesn't mean he was in the IRA. The only "evidence" that he was in the IRA that I've seen is the claim your hero Jim Cusack made without any corroboration whatsoever. There are plenty of other thugs out there in Ireland and here in the UK who've been done for guns and robbery, yeah and even drugs - but they're not in the IRA either. It'll dawn on you - very very slowly.

    For "Exposing the provos" read making unfounded allegations about some dead bloke being a member of a militant group that has long since disbanded.

    I don't doubt the Provos made some money from extorting criminals, and they certainly did from fuel laundering, and even cattle rustling has been suggested - but you claimed (admittedly having been taken in by Jim Cusack's article and then gilding the lilly) that they were making multi-millions in drug trafficking and drug dealing, which wasn't the case. And of course you balked when asked to substantiate your claim that an IRA leader (who you can't even name) became a millionaire out of it.

    As was pointed out previously the (P)IRA were a much more professional outfit than most of their loyalist enemies, who in many cases were hoods on the make hiding behind the "God and Ulster" slogan when anyone in their community looked too closely or asked awkward questions.

    I'm sure you're more than familiar with the "stick in a catchy logo here and ignore what appears to be malfeasance" routine.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangersmandownunder View Post

    Your problem is you see the IRA through dewy eyes, you see how they took on the British establishment and regardless of how they went about it, you are envious because its what you want for Scotland,
    Nail on head Brother Oz

    You’ve sure got IQ27’s number there.

    That sort of attitude is quite prevalent in scotnats. They usually couch it in terms, but in company, they let their mask slip. Right up to full blown support for the IRA

    They blab on about Celtic cousins etc and how “the Irish” are nearly the same as the Scots (something they don’t say about Irish unionists, which is strange given the interchange of people between Scotland and Ulster over the centuries). Funnily enough, Celtic cousins is sometimes extended to the Welsh (if they’re feeling generous and don’t get beat by them at football or rugby) but never to Celts in England. To admit to the existence of such a thing would be a gross betrayal.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangersmandownunder View Post
    the smelly Argie rich kid who when he managed to overthrow the government done a bit of the mass murdering himself and then got shot when trying to take over another country.
    On the money again Brother Oz

    Seems like there are good mass murderers and bad mass murderers in their book

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by 54FairAndSquare View Post
    Nail on head Brother Oz

    You’ve sure got IQ27’s number there.

    That sort of attitude is quite prevalent in scotnats. They usually couch it in terms, but in company, they let their mask slip. Right up to full blown support for the IRA

    They blab on about Celtic cousins etc and how “the Irish” are nearly the same as the Scots (something they don’t say about Irish unionists, which is strange given the interchange of people between Scotland and Ulster over the centuries). Funnily enough, Celtic cousins is sometimes extended to the Welsh (if they’re feeling generous and don’t get beat by them at football or rugby) but never to Celts in England. To admit to the existence of such a thing would be a gross betrayal.
    Although RMDU and I are poles apart on most things. I enjoy the jousts with him as he's fairly articulate and seems to know his own mind.

    YOU on the other hand are a simple soul very easily influenced. You don't appear to have any views or thoughts of your own everything you put on here is either straight out of FF or some right wing publication. You are a reactionary of the worst kind posting wild bigoted and pure hateful stuff. purely to provoke .I know this is just a silly message board and TfT is what keeps it going and thats fine we all indulge. But you sir are something quite different there is a disturbing and weird side to you and I feel that through everyone of your posts. You are indeed a very strange man.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    10,978
    walloper and rolf are a pair of verminous morons. at least rolf doesn't gay stalk posters who rip the pish, he just puts them on ignore

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Although RMDU and I are poles apart on most things. I enjoy the jousts with him as he's fairly articulate and seems to know his own mind.

    YOU on the other hand are a simple soul very easily influenced. You don't appear to have any views or thoughts of your own everything you put on here is either straight out of FF or some right wing publication. You are a reactionary of the worst kind posting wild bigoted and pure hateful stuff. purely to provoke .I know this is just a silly message board and TfT is what keeps it going and thats fine we all indulge. But you sir are something quite different there is a disturbing and weird side to you and I feel that through everyone of your posts. You are indeed a very strange man.
    Thanks stewarty. makes it all worthwhile.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    Yes we know he was done for guns and robbery before being done for drugs - but you still haven't grasped the fact that it doesn't mean he was in the IRA. The only "evidence" that he was in the IRA that I've seen is the claim your hero Jim Cusack made without any corroboration whatsoever. There are plenty of other thugs out there in Ireland and here in the UK who've been done for guns and robbery, yeah and even drugs - but they're not in the IRA either. It'll dawn on you - very very slowly.
    Apart from him telling the gardai he robbed the banks for the IRA when he was arrested for the bank robberies you mean?

    Because he never admitted publicly of being a member does not mean he wasn't, see yer man Adams for proof of that, he and the IRA are hardly going to admit they robbed the banks to fund their terrorist campaigns now are they?

    No one is questioning the IRA were a far more proficient killing machine than the pumping iron loyalists, their murder record speaks for itself, however the continual denial of anyone associated with drugs had nothing to do with the provos is simply preposterous, I am not suggesting for one second they sold drugs from street corners in Belfast, but they used their safe smuggling routes to traffic drugs across the sea into the UK, they were paid by the criminal gangs to import the drugs which they did with ease.

    The notion that a terrorist gang would use bombing by proxy to further it ends, but wouldn't use drugs trafficking to fund it is patently nonsense, they did it then and still do it now, they haven't gone away and still have to pay for the pensions of all their members and of the people who gave up their lives for them, see the Northern Bank robbery for more proof of that.

    After the bombing by proxy murders at Gillespie's funeral, Bishop Edward Daly said the IRA and its supporters were "...the complete contradiction of Christianity. They may say they are followers of Christ. Some of them may even still engage in the hypocrisy of coming to church, but their lives and their works proclaim clearly that they follow Satan."

    And yet the likes of you revulse at the suicide bombings carried out by Muslim terrorist in the middle east!

  8. #188
    Great thread this...

  9. #189
    Check the rimjob Sir Walloper is giving brother Rolf

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangersmandownunder View Post
    Apart from him telling the gardai he robbed the banks for the IRA when he was arrested for the bank robberies you mean?

    Because he never admitted publicly of being a member does not mean he wasn't, see yer man Adams for proof of that, he and the IRA are hardly going to admit they robbed the banks to fund their terrorist campaigns now are they?


    No one is questioning the IRA were a far more proficient killing machine than the pumping iron loyalists, their murder record speaks for itself, however the continual denial of anyone associated with drugs had nothing to do with the provos is simply preposterous, I am not suggesting for one second they sold drugs from street corners in Belfast, but they used their safe smuggling routes to traffic drugs across the sea into the UK, they were paid by the criminal gangs to import the drugs which they did with ease.

    The notion that a terrorist gang would use bombing by proxy to further it ends, but wouldn't use drugs trafficking to fund it is patently nonsense, they did it then and still do it now, they haven't gone away and still have to pay for the pensions of all their members and of the people who gave up their lives for them, see the Northern Bank robbery for more proof of that.

    After the bombing by proxy murders at Gillespie's funeral, Bishop Edward Daly said the IRA and its supporters were "...the complete contradiction of Christianity. They may say they are followers of Christ. Some of them may even still engage in the hypocrisy of coming to church, but their lives and their works proclaim clearly that they follow Satan."

    And yet the likes of you revulse at the suicide bombings carried out by Muslim terrorist in the middle east!

    The IRA HAVE admitted that their ASUs carried out bank raids rolf - that's the point. And they never claimed this David Douglas guy as one of theirs. The IRA robbed banks all over the island of Ireland at various times in their history - not just the Northern Bank. They even killed Irish cops during or after a couple of these bank and post-office robberies (in places like Limerick, Kilkenny, Kerry, Derry and so on). Google names like Pearse McAuley from Strabane and three County Limerick men – Jeremiah Sheehy, Michael O'Neill and Kevin Walsh who were involved in Adare in the 90s and accepted as being an IRA ASU, or the likes of Tom McFeely going back to the 70s. There's plenty of guys who even the IRA accepted as having been linked to them.

    But it seems Jim Cusack on his little agenda decided to try link David Douglas, an armed robber, to the IRA and you swallowed it hook line and sinker.

    Everybody understands that the IRA/Provos of the Troubles are disbanded but there's some dissidents who for one reason or another want to claim to be the Real (sic) IRA, or Continuity IRA, or even Oglaigh na hEireann all of whom have at one time or other threatened to kill former members of the IRA and/or members of Sinn Fein. Your trying to conflate all those who use the label IRA to one extent or another shows that you're either extremely naïve as regards the situation or you're deliberately ignoring the facts in order to try make some silly point.

    Your suggestion that the (P)IRA were involved in widespread importation and distribution of drugs and continue to be involved in it today is simply beyond parody. I don't think even Jim Cusack in his wildest flights of fancy would try make that claim - but you who haven't even apparently grasped the difference between (P)IRA and CIRA or RIRA do. Your claims would be hilariously funny if it wasn't about such a serious topic.

    I'm repulsed by any bombings that kill people rolf - might be a bit too much for you to grasp though

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    The IRA HAVE admitted that their ASUs carried out bank raids rolf - that's the point. And they never claimed this David Douglas guy as one of theirs. The IRA robbed banks all over the island of Ireland at various times in their history - not just the Northern Bank. They even killed Irish cops during or after a couple of these bank and post-office robberies (in places like Limerick, Kilkenny, Kerry, Derry and so on). Google names like Pearse McAuley from Strabane and three County Limerick men – Jeremiah Sheehy, Michael O'Neill and Kevin Walsh who were involved in Adare in the 90s and accepted as being an IRA ASU, or the likes of Tom McFeely going back to the 70s. There's plenty of guys who even the IRA accepted as having been linked to them.

    But it seems Jim Cusack on his little agenda decided to try link David Douglas, an armed robber, to the IRA and you swallowed it hook line and sinker.

    Everybody understands that the IRA/Provos of the Troubles are disbanded but there's some dissidents who for one reason or another want to claim to be the Real (sic) IRA, or Continuity IRA, or even Oglaigh na hEireann all of whom have at one time or other threatened to kill former members of the IRA and/or members of Sinn Fein. Your trying to conflate all those who use the label IRA to one extent or another shows that you're either extremely naïve as regards the situation or you're deliberately ignoring the facts in order to try make some silly point.

    Your suggestion that the (P)IRA were involved in widespread importation and distribution of drugs and continue to be involved in it today is simply beyond parody. I don't think even Jim Cusack in his wildest flights of fancy would try make that claim - but you who haven't even apparently grasped the difference between (P)IRA and CIRA or RIRA do. Your claims would be hilariously funny if it wasn't about such a serious topic.

    I'm repulsed by any bombings that kill people rolf - might be a bit too much for you to grasp though
    Why were the provos robbing banks seven years after the cease fire then?

    I see you are desperate to disassociate David Douglas from the provos as he is a convicted drug dealer, putting aside the fact he confessed to the Gardai that he was robbing banks for the provos can I ask you about all these splinter groups and dissident IRA factions, were any of these guys running about robbing, extorting and drug dealing ever provo members?

    I never said they distributed the drugs, they smuggled them for a price, they have now been muscled out by the former provos who do distribute them.

    Tom McFeely - The bankrupt hunger striker who wanted to be British?

    Pearse McAuley - Jailed two years after the ceasefire for murdering a policeman during a robbery and described as a "psychopathic gun nut"? "On Christmas Eve, 2014, McAuley was arrested for stabbing his then-estranged wife multiple times in front of their two children" - lovely heroes to have I must say.

    His mates who also took part in the murder Walsh and Sheehy to finish his house, the same botched robbery that the IRA said it had not been sanctioned by their command structure? Yet Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams, having first denied any IRA involvement, then went on to state that the killing was wrong and that it had been authorised at a low level?

    The same Gerry Adams who won't admit being a provo despite giving the order to kidnap and murder Jean McConville?

    And you say we should take these guys at their word?

    You'll have to forgive me at this point for telling you to phuk off and that I would rather take the word of a journo putting his life on the line to expose these common criminals, or is one Veronica Guerin not enough for you?

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangersmandownunder View Post
    Why were the provos robbing banks seven years after the cease fire then?

    I see you are desperate to disassociate David Douglas from the provos as he is a convicted drug dealer, putting aside the fact he confessed to the Gardai that he was robbing banks for the provos can I ask you about all these splinter groups and dissident IRA factions, were any of these guys running about robbing, extorting and drug dealing ever provo members?

    I never said they distributed the drugs, they smuggled them for a price, they have now been muscled out by the former provos who do distribute them.

    Tom McFeely - The bankrupt hunger striker who wanted to be British?

    Pearse McAuley - Jailed two years after the ceasefire for murdering a policeman during a robbery and described as a "psychopathic gun nut"? "On Christmas Eve, 2014, McAuley was arrested for stabbing his then-estranged wife multiple times in front of their two children" - lovely heroes to have I must say.

    His mates who also took part in the murder Walsh and Sheehy to finish his house, the same botched robbery that the IRA said it had not been sanctioned by their command structure? Yet Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams, having first denied any IRA involvement, then went on to state that the killing was wrong and that it had been authorised at a low level?

    The same Gerry Adams who won't admit being a provo despite giving the order to kidnap and murder Jean McConville?

    And you say we should take these guys at their word?

    You'll have to forgive me at this point for telling you to phuk off and that I would rather take the word of a journo putting his life on the line to expose these common criminals, or is one Veronica Guerin not enough for you?


    Journalist putting their life on the line? What utter crap. Scottish fitba reporters are in more danger than your hero Jim Cusack. The point of the named guys I gave you was they were members of the IRA. In fact even after the ceasefire, when they were supposed to be on their best behaviour but robbed a post office delivery they were still acknowledged as being in the IRA - though it was claimed they'd gone rogue. But the guy you and Jim Cusack try to link to the IRA was never acknowledged as part of the IRA at all, despite there being no fall-out were he to have been so acknowledged. It wouldn't have put questions over a ceasefire or political moves to acknowledge Douglas was in the IRA if he had been. But he wasn't. That's why he wasn't acknowledged as such - apart from in Cusack's fevered imaginings and taken up as gospel by you who doesn't seem to even know the difference between CIRA, RIRA, and the IRA.

    Still, your complete lack of knowledge on the topic as ever won't stop you from posting reams and reams of pish about it

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •