+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Hang them high

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    Rolf you continue to conflate Dissident IRA "Real IRA", "Continuity IRA" etc with the (Provisional) IRA. They're not the same thing and in fact the Dissidents have issued threats and made attempts against the lives of former (P)IRA men. Anyone with even a passing knowledge of what's going on in Ireland knows that. You keep showing yerself up as clueless rolf
    "Well before the first ceasefire in 1994, the Provisional IRA had stamped its authority on the Dublin drugs gangs and had a working relationship with both the Hutch and Kinahan cartels. The Dublin IRA was, in fact, the main 'fundraising' wing of the organisation.
    Drugs money was, along with subventions running into hundreds of millions of euros/Pounds from the Irish and British governments, made the Provisional Republican movement the richest political group in the two jurisdictions."

"At one point, the IRA in Dublin was the main conduit for cocaine and heroin into the city, working on behalf of both major gangs.".

Stop talking shyte, they were drug dealers and were allowed to to maintain the peace process, made a lot of them very very wealthy. I don't know why anyone would try to deny they raised money through drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangersmandownunder View Post
    "Well before the first ceasefire in 1994, the Provisional IRA had stamped its authority on the Dublin drugs gangs and had a working relationship with both the Hutch and Kinahan cartels. The Dublin IRA was, in fact, the main 'fundraising' wing of the organisation.
    Drugs money was, along with subventions running into hundreds of millions of euros/Pounds from the Irish and British governments, made the Provisional Republican movement the richest political group in the two jurisdictions."
    "At one point, the IRA in Dublin was the main conduit for cocaine and heroin into the city, working on behalf of both major gangs.".

Stop talking shyte, they were drug dealers and were allowed to to maintain the peace process, made a lot of them very very wealthy. I don't know why anyone would try to deny they raised money through drugs.

"At one point, the IRA in Dublin was the main conduit for cocaine and heroin into the city, working on behalf of both major gangs" when was this point exactly? This has Paul Williams written all over it tbh.

Care to tell us where you lifted that quote from - reason I ask is the author is asking us to believe that not just the Irish Government, but the British Government too subvented the Republican movement to the tune of hundreds of millions of pounds (stop laughing and read the rest) which made them the richest political group in both jurisdictions. Why on earth would the Irish Govt or the British Govt fund a political movement which had at its ethos the removal of both.

It's akin to Celtic FC and Rangers FC both financing Aberdeen FC so that Aberdeen could become the Top Dogs in Scottish Fitba. Even you must see that would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Talk of turkeys not alone voting for Christmas, but actually financing it too

Seriously Rolf - you're beyond parody at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    "At one point, the IRA in Dublin was the main conduit for cocaine and heroin into the city, working on behalf of both major gangs" when was this point exactly? This has Paul Williams written all over it tbh.

Care to tell us where you lifted that quote from - reason I ask is the author is asking us to believe that not just the Irish Government, but the British Government too subvented the Republican movement to the tune of hundreds of millions of pounds (stop laughing and read the rest) which made them the richest political group in both jurisdictions. Why on earth would the Irish Govt or the British Govt fund a political movement which had at its ethos the removal of both.

It's akin to Celtic FC and Rangers FC both financing Aberdeen FC so that Aberdeen could become the Top Dogs in Scottish Fitba. Even you must see that would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Talk of turkeys not alone voting for Christmas, but actually financing it too

Seriously Rolf - you're beyond parody at this stage.
    Already gave you the link, I don't think you're all there, I'll stop making fun of you now as I feel guilty mocking you.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/i...-34870744.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rangersmandownunder View Post
    The drugs dealers they kneecapped weren't paying their protection money to the IRA or were working "freelance", it wasn't cos they were dealing drugs, it was because the IRA weren't getting their cut, publicly they condemned it,
    This is exactly the sort of stuff the British propaganda machine put out during the troubles in Ireland. It was done to blacken the name of the IRA. The link you posted clearly stated these individuals were ex or reminisce of a unit that no longer exists. Almost all stuff the media used during that time went through the British army press centre staffed entirely by army personnel. the British used the media to control and change what the public deemed news worthy and important. and th3e criminalisation of the IRA was a big part of this false stories that were released into the mainstream news by the British information service. The media can be an effective tool for government if they utilise it to their benefit and that is exactly what they did with the drug stories. Just because its in the paper doesn't mean its true. Now I'm not supporting the IRA they did some awful things but peddling drugs was not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    This is exactly the sort of stuff the British propaganda machine put out during the troubles in Ireland. It was done to blacken the name of the IRA. The link you posted clearly stated these individuals were ex or reminisce of a unit that no longer exists. Almost all stuff the media used during that time went through the British army press centre staffed entirely by army personnel. the British used the media to control and change what the public deemed news worthy and important. and th3e criminalisation of the IRA was a big part of this false stories that were released into the mainstream news by the British information service. The media can be an effective tool for government if they utilise it to their benefit and that is exactly what they did with the drug stories. Just because its in the paper doesn't mean its true. Now I'm not supporting the IRA they did some awful things but peddling drugs was not one of them.
    Drug dealing is pretty low on my scumbag scale compared with blowing up innocent children in Warrington, I don't think the IRA needed much criminalising.

Yup warrington was a despicable act.

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1 View Post
    Drug dealing is pretty low on my scumbag scale compared with blowing up innocent children in Warrington, I don't think the IRA needed much criminalising.
    Yes Warrington was despicable but you off on a bit of a tangent there mook. I was making a particular point. re the actual topic. Yes the provos did some evil stuff. But you never hear anyone condemning the British state atrocities in Ireland perhaps you'd like to comment on all the "innocent Children" killed by plastic bullets by the British Army or don't that count in your book ?

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Aye, cos they had a great rep!

From Irish sources.......................

"At one point, the IRA in Dublin was the main conduit for cocaine and heroin into the city, working on behalf of both major gangs."

They were drug traffickers, their top man made millions from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1 View Post

and with that statement you imply that loyalists never blew up innocent children

All very interesting and topical, but what about the balloon men, have they been burst or still hanging around?

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)