+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Hang them high

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    The IRA HAVE admitted that their ASUs carried out bank raids rolf - that's the point. And they never claimed this David Douglas guy as one of theirs. The IRA robbed banks all over the island of Ireland at various times in their history - not just the Northern Bank. They even killed Irish cops during or after a couple of these bank and post-office robberies (in places like Limerick, Kilkenny, Kerry, Derry and so on). Google names like Pearse McAuley from Strabane and three County Limerick men – Jeremiah Sheehy, Michael O'Neill and Kevin Walsh who were involved in Adare in the 90s and accepted as being an IRA ASU, or the likes of Tom McFeely going back to the 70s. There's plenty of guys who even the IRA accepted as having been linked to them.

But it seems Jim Cusack on his little agenda decided to try link David Douglas, an armed robber, to the IRA and you swallowed it hook line and sinker.

Everybody understands that the IRA/Provos of the Troubles are disbanded but there's some dissidents who for one reason or another want to claim to be the Real (sic) IRA, or Continuity IRA, or even Oglaigh na hEireann all of whom have at one time or other threatened to kill former members of the IRA and/or members of Sinn Fein. Your trying to conflate all those who use the label IRA to one extent or another shows that you're either extremely naïve as regards the situation or you're deliberately ignoring the facts in order to try make some silly point.

Your suggestion that the (P)IRA were involved in widespread importation and distribution of drugs and continue to be involved in it today is simply beyond parody. I don't think even Jim Cusack in his wildest flights of fancy would try make that claim - but you who haven't even apparently grasped the difference between (P)IRA and CIRA or RIRA do. Your claims would be hilariously funny if it wasn't about such a serious topic.

I'm repulsed by any bombings that kill people rolf - might be a bit too much for you to grasp though
    Why were the provos robbing banks seven years after the cease fire then?

I see you are desperate to disassociate David Douglas from the provos as he is a convicted drug dealer, putting aside the fact he confessed to the Gardai that he was robbing banks for the provos can I ask you about all these splinter groups and dissident IRA factions, were any of these guys running about robbing, extorting and drug dealing ever provo members?

I never said they distributed the drugs, they smuggled them for a price, they have now been muscled out by the former provos who do distribute them.

Tom McFeely - The bankrupt hunger striker who wanted to be British?

Pearse McAuley - Jailed two years after the ceasefire for murdering a policeman during a robbery and described as a "psychopathic gun nut"? "On Christmas Eve, 2014, McAuley was arrested for stabbing his then-estranged wife multiple times in front of their two children" - lovely heroes to have I must say.

His mates who also took part in the murder Walsh and Sheehy to finish his house, the same botched robbery that the IRA said it had not been sanctioned by their command structure? Yet Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams, having first denied any IRA involvement, then went on to state that the killing was wrong and that it had been authorised at a low level?

The same Gerry Adams who won't admit being a provo despite giving the order to kidnap and murder Jean McConville?

And you say we should take these guys at their word?

You'll have to forgive me at this point for telling you to phuk off and that I would rather take the word of a journo putting his life on the line to expose these common criminals, or is one Veronica Guerin not enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rangersmandownunder View Post
    Why were the provos robbing banks seven years after the cease fire then?

I see you are desperate to disassociate David Douglas from the provos as he is a convicted drug dealer, putting aside the fact he confessed to the Gardai that he was robbing banks for the provos can I ask you about all these splinter groups and dissident IRA factions, were any of these guys running about robbing, extorting and drug dealing ever provo members?

I never said they distributed the drugs, they smuggled them for a price, they have now been muscled out by the former provos who do distribute them.

Tom McFeely - The bankrupt hunger striker who wanted to be British?

Pearse McAuley - Jailed two years after the ceasefire for murdering a policeman during a robbery and described as a "psychopathic gun nut"? "On Christmas Eve, 2014, McAuley was arrested for stabbing his then-estranged wife multiple times in front of their two children" - lovely heroes to have I must say.

His mates who also took part in the murder Walsh and Sheehy to finish his house, the same botched robbery that the IRA said it had not been sanctioned by their command structure? Yet Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams, having first denied any IRA involvement, then went on to state that the killing was wrong and that it had been authorised at a low level?

The same Gerry Adams who won't admit being a provo despite giving the order to kidnap and murder Jean McConville?

And you say we should take these guys at their word?

You'll have to forgive me at this point for telling you to phuk off and that I would rather take the word of a journo putting his life on the line to expose these common criminals, or is one Veronica Guerin not enough for you?

Journalist putting their life on the line? What utter crap. Scottish fitba reporters are in more danger than your hero Jim Cusack. The point of the named guys I gave you was they were members of the IRA. In fact even after the ceasefire, when they were supposed to be on their best behaviour but robbed a post office delivery they were still acknowledged as being in the IRA - though it was claimed they'd gone rogue. But the guy you and Jim Cusack try to link to the IRA was never acknowledged as part of the IRA at all, despite there being no fall-out were he to have been so acknowledged. It wouldn't have put questions over a ceasefire or political moves to acknowledge Douglas was in the IRA if he had been. But he wasn't. That's why he wasn't acknowledged as such - apart from in Cusack's fevered imaginings and taken up as gospel by you who doesn't seem to even know the difference between CIRA, RIRA, and the IRA.

Still, your complete lack of knowledge on the topic as ever won't stop you from posting reams and reams of pish about it

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)