Quote Originally Posted by Rangersmandownunder View Post
David Douglas was an IRA man, he was done for guns and robbery before being done for drugs.

The journo might be a bit on the loopy side, but you try writing articles exposing the provos without sweating like a bombay money lender.

I don't get this desire to try to deny they sold drugs, the provos made money from trafficking drugs, bug phukin deal, on the scale of what they done this is way way down the list, accept it and move on furfuxake.

Yes we know he was done for guns and robbery before being done for drugs - but you still haven't grasped the fact that it doesn't mean he was in the IRA. The only "evidence" that he was in the IRA that I've seen is the claim your hero Jim Cusack made without any corroboration whatsoever. There are plenty of other thugs out there in Ireland and here in the UK who've been done for guns and robbery, yeah and even drugs - but they're not in the IRA either. It'll dawn on you - very very slowly.

For "Exposing the provos" read making unfounded allegations about some dead bloke being a member of a militant group that has long since disbanded.

I don't doubt the Provos made some money from extorting criminals, and they certainly did from fuel laundering, and even cattle rustling has been suggested - but you claimed (admittedly having been taken in by Jim Cusack's article and then gilding the lilly) that they were making multi-millions in drug trafficking and drug dealing, which wasn't the case. And of course you balked when asked to substantiate your claim that an IRA leader (who you can't even name) became a millionaire out of it.

As was pointed out previously the (P)IRA were a much more professional outfit than most of their loyalist enemies, who in many cases were hoods on the make hiding behind the "God and Ulster" slogan when anyone in their community looked too closely or asked awkward questions.

I'm sure you're more than familiar with the "stick in a catchy logo here and ignore what appears to be malfeasance" routine.