+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long before Mel Morris and Pearson fall out?

How long before Mel Morris and Pearson fall out?

We all know Morris is impatient and prone to interfering, and we all know Pearson is semi psychotic. So how long before the tensions rise and we see a fall out?
    I reckon unless things improve significantly by November, we could be manager less by Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisistheone View Post
    We all know Morris is impatient and prone to interfering, and we all know Pearson is semi psychotic. So how long before the tensions rise and we see a fall out?
    I reckon unless things improve significantly by November, we could be manager less by Christmas.
    The critical factor is attendances. As soon as they start to slip below the 25,000 mark on a regular basis (say 4 home games on the trot), coinciding with poor results then that's when the pooh will start to fly fan-wards (I mean the air cooler not the mugs who pay money to watch sub-standard football).

At the present time, Pearson is making an argument that the players aren't understanding the way he wants them to play...he's also said they aren't fit enough. So, he will be able to stick with those excuses for another couple of games. If we get a win in that time, he will get a bit longer. But, it's all pointing to early in the new year...

By then the damage will have been done; NP will have demolished a good side by then and Hughes will have been sold in all probability.

My observations are that the team selection and formation is wrong...clearly Newcastle had much better shape, poise, and a clear pattern of play. I also suspect that the players are not really playing for Pearson...their hearts are not in it fully.

We have no creativity in Midfield...consequently we have no service to the forwards and so we have no goals, regardless of how much money we throw at buying expensive centre forwards. So, I predict that just after Christmas, instead of "clicking", we will be managerless. I really hope I'm wrong...

Seems a fair assessment Eliie...the next 6 games will craft our season but another goal, another 5 points and Pearson will be looking over his shoulder every time he walks down a dark alley.

Personally Im not convinced that goal will come now Forsyth is a long term absentee.

Notsure if it is fitness or desire. Pearson has had plenty of time to build fitness levels up. The Army does it in 6 weeks! Desire is what is lacking. Newcastle were chasing everything all game. We weren't.
    We were also scared to take a chance. Several times we had throws in advanced positions with at least one player in a godd position to take on the defenders. What did we do? Instead of a quick throw, Winger tosses it to midfielder who tosses it to Fullback whilst everyone trots forward. By which time Newcastle were back in shape -pathetic!

Probably in 3 or 4 more games. We're a joke of a club, who the hell is gonna want to come and manage for that basket case we have as owner?, he's sacked 2 blokes in 16 months, and sent one back to the u21s despite succeeding in his aim of making playoffs. we need to face facts, we've got a Fawaz type running the club, he might not be on twitter but he's a bigger basket case imo, spunks money up the wall that we didn't need to spunk, he should have hired a Pearson type from the get go, someone who would carry on the building, he instead hires a bloke and gives him 400 players to work with.

I'd rather we stuck with Pearson even if we sensationally dropped into league 1, build the f***ing club up from bottom to top, build a team slowly and do it within a strict budget. Pearson will get us going at some point.

There was parts of the game yesterday that had me feeling positive, because you could see what he wants, Anya, Wilson and Vydra have pace and we saw some positive forward play but not enough, the problem lies with the midfield, there's too many "intricate" passers, too slow, it reminded me of a team of 2 systems, one still stuck in 2014 and the other that's come in to play Pearsons style, get rid of Hughes, Bryson, Russell and maybe even Shackell for tidy sums, and bring in players to fit the NP roles, it'll take time but suffer we must to get where he can take us.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Probably in 3 or 4 more games. We're a joke of a club, who the hell is gonna want to come and manage for that basket case we have as owner?, he's sacked 2 blokes in 16 months, and sent one back to the u21s despite succeeding in his aim of making playoffs. we need to face facts, we've got a Fawaz type running the club, he might not be on twitter but he's a bigger basket case imo, spunks money up the wall that we didn't need to spunk, he should have hired a Pearson type from the get go, someone who would carry on the building, he instead hires a bloke and gives him 400 players to work with.

I'd rather we stuck with Pearson even if we sensationally dropped into league 1, build the f***ing club up from bottom to top, build a team slowly and do it within a strict budget. Pearson will get us going at some point.

There was parts of the game yesterday that had me feeling positive, because you could see what he wants, Anya, Wilson and Vydra have pace and we saw some positive forward play but not enough, the problem lies with the midfield, there's too many "intricate" passers, too slow, it reminded me of a team of 2 systems, one still stuck in 2014 and the other that's come in to play Pearsons style, get rid of Hughes, Bryson, Russell and maybe even Shackell for tidy sums, and bring in players to fit the NP roles, it'll take time but suffer we must to get where he can take us.
    So you're optimistic because of Anya, Wilson and Vydra and you're identifying the problem as 'one still stuck in 2014' - probably when we were at our best - because of Hughes, Bryson and Russell and yet you're still blaming the owner. Great logic Remind me...who financed the signings you applaud and brought in the manager you claim to have wanted from the 'get go'?

I'm keeping the faith for now for a number of reasons

1. Pearson has actually done it at this level AND kept the team in the premier league, he may be an odd person but i'm more interested in managers who can actually bring success to a team than one who can talk on TV or who fans like - judging the guy before he has time to get things right is ludicrous IMO
    2. For all the talk of formations and player selection, we played just as bad if not worse in many games last season using 4-3-3 under both Clement and Wassall.
    3. I saw signs of in the last two games and if we can keep playing as we did against Ipswich and improve on that then we will start winning games.
    4. There are quality players in that squad once it clicks I predict we will be climbing the league very quickly, a top 6 finish is easily acheiveable.
    5. He is not Clough Jnr!

Admire your optimism Swale, and your logic. Just been a bit wary of your predictions since June 23rd.
    Circumstances mean that I haven't seen them since Burton so can only hope an improvement isn't too far away, not sure top six is ever 'easily achievable' but it is mid-Sept. and far too early to write off any team.

Three wins on the bouce and we will be up there starting on Saturday at Bristol!!

I think many were surprised on 23rd June, that so many were so clueless when they voted.

Incoming!!!

Apart from Benitez we have the best manager in the Championship. IMO like!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)