+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kill all hvns

Four men and four women burst in; some wore balaclavas, others had covered their faces with nylon stockings that ghoulishly distorted their features. One brandished a gun. “Put your coat on,” they told Jean. She trembled violently as they tried to pull her out of the apartment. “Help me!” she shrieked.

“I can remember trying to grab my mother,” her son Michael told me recently. He was eleven at the time. “We were all crying. My mother was crying.” Billy and Jim, six-year-old twins, threw their arms around Jean’s legs and wailed. The intruders tried to calm the children by saying that they would bring their mother back: they just needed to talk to her, and she would be gone for only “a few hours.” Archie, who, at six****, was the oldest child at home, asked if he could accompany his mother, and the members of the gang agreed. Jean McConville put on a tweed overcoat and a head scarf as the younger children were herded into one of the bedrooms. The intruders called the children by name. A couple of the men were not wearing masks, and Michael realized, to his horror, that the people taking his mother away were not strangers—they were his neighbors.

The disappearance of Jean McConville was eventually recognized as one of the worst atrocities that occurred during the long conflict in Northern Ireland known as the Troubles. But at the time no one, except the McConville children, seemed especially concerned. When Helen returned home, she and Archie went out to look for Jean, but nobody could—or would—tell them anything about where she had been taken or when she might be back. Some weeks later, a social worker visited the apartment and noted, in a report, that the McConville children had been “looking after themselves.” Their neighbors in Divis Flats were aware of the kidnapping, as was a local parish priest, but, according to the report, they were “unsympathetic.”

The first person to speak publicly about involvement in the disappearance of Jean McConville was a former I.R.A. terrorist named Dolours Price. In 2010, Price revealed in a series of interviews that she had been a member of a secret I.R.A. unit called the Unknowns, which conducted clandestine paramilitary work, including disappearances. Price did not participate in the raid on the McConville house, but she drove Jean McConville across the border into the Republic of Ireland, where she was executed. McConville, Price claimed, had been acting as an informer for the British Army, providing intelligence about I.R.A. activity in Divis Flats. The order to disappear her came from the Officer Commanding of the Belfast Brigade of the Provisional I.R.A.—the man who held ultimate authority over the Unknowns. According to Price, the Officer Commanding was Gerry Adams.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...ies-are-buried

Quote Originally Posted by Rangersmandownunder View Post
    Four men and four women burst in; some wore balaclavas, others had covered their faces with nylon stockings that ghoulishly distorted their features. One brandished a gun. “Put your coat on,” they told Jean. She trembled violently as they tried to pull her out of the apartment. “Help me!” she shrieked.

“I can remember trying to grab my mother,” her son Michael told me recently. He was eleven at the time. “We were all crying. My mother was crying.” Billy and Jim, six-year-old twins, threw their arms around Jean’s legs and wailed. The intruders tried to calm the children by saying that they would bring their mother back: they just needed to talk to her, and she would be gone for only “a few hours.” Archie, who, at six****, was the oldest child at home, asked if he could accompany his mother, and the members of the gang agreed. Jean McConville put on a tweed overcoat and a head scarf as the younger children were herded into one of the bedrooms. The intruders called the children by name. A couple of the men were not wearing masks, and Michael realized, to his horror, that the people taking his mother away were not strangers—t]
    Lol I missed the bit where it said the four men were wearing Celtic tops and shouting hail hail as they dragged the woman away.
    You thick hun fk.

There is a serious sickness afflicting the hun vermin, hope it's not contagious.

I think I'm a fairly easy going bloke and certainly not a knicker wetter a la rolf and some of his mates but that "Kill All Huns" is an absolutely disgraceful banner - far worse in my opinion than the tasteless hanging of blow up dolls.

When plod get so offended by singing at games why on earth weren't the scumbags who had that banner at the game lifted? I can only think it must be a photoshop because there's surely no way that people would even think along those lines, much less bring such a thing to a football match

BTW Rolf there were some heinous crimes carried out during the troubles in NI. The dragging away and killing of Jean McConville from her family was reprehensible but more so was the UDA attack (bear in mind the UDA wasn't a proscribed organisation for many years afterwards)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/com...14yearold_boy/

Sarah McClenaghan was a widowed mother who was the only Catholic living on her street in the Oldpark Road area of Belfast.

Her son, David was aged 15 but due to a birth defect had the mind of a five-year-old.

Hinton and three other thugs arrived to her door in in the early hours of July 12th, 1972 demanding to know her religion.

Sarah's lodger, a protestant man named David Titterington told the UDA men that they were all protestant.

He was promptly taken to an upstairs room where he was beaten and burnt with a cigarette lighter before escaping to raise the alarm.

Hinton ordered the mentally challenged boy to fetch his mother’s prayer-book, but the innocent young lad returned with a Catholic missal and his mother’s rosary beads.

Sarah McClenaghan was the stripped naked and brutally raped, twice in front of her terrified son before the Loyalist men shot the disabled boy in the head.

"I pleaded with them not to touch the boy, as he was retarded and looked so afraid," Sarah later said in court.

Sarah McClenaghan survived three gunshot wounds following her horrific ordeal.

Hinton was jailed for life in 1973, but walked free from prison in 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    BTW Rolf there were some heinous crimes carried out during the troubles in NI. The dragging away and killing of Jean McConville from her family was reprehensible but more so was the UDA attack (bear in mind the UDA wasn't a proscribed organisation for many years afterwards)
    We could be here for a while if we are going to go through every murder in Northern Ireland one by one.
    Maybe best if we just accept that RMDU is a fkn bsket case and leave these ramblings alone

Anyone heard from Doncaster yet. It's all fine and well folk having a laugh, but as the Chief Exec of the SPFL, you would have expected a comment or two by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Anyone heard from Doncaster yet. It's all fine and well folk having a laugh, but as the Chief Exec of the SPFL, you would have expected a comment or two by now.
    You would expect something to be honest.
    The "kill all huns" thing was out of order, the hanging dolls was out of order. The rest of it was okay but you would expect, given that even the majority of Celtic fans found the doll thing in poor taste, some kind of statement from the SFA saying they at least disapproved - maybe they are waiting for their match report?

Having a wee read at FF for my morning giggles, I found it amusing that the huns see no irony in (referring to the doll with the sash) complaining about sectarianism towards orangemen... which is a bit like people complaining about anti-KKK activity from black people... choobs!

Does anyone know what happened to the blow up dolls?

*Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/com...14yearold_boy/

I am well aware both sides carried out disgusting acts, the one I posted was ordered by Gerry Adams the famous Celtc fan.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)