+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Cammy Bell

O/T Cammy Bell

For those of you who don't know or do, the Annan lad and ex Queens keeper , managed the incredible feat of saving three first half penalties for Dundee United in the league game versus Dunfermline. I have never heard of this before and doubt I ever will again.

Yes mate and two of his saves were from Gavin Reilly and Nicky Clark - yet another ex - Doonhamer player Michael Paton did eventually score from open play for the Pars but they still got beaten by the Arabs

I couldn't believe my mate at ht when he told me this news.

Anyway it's something really special to save 3 penalties and surely he must have got MOTM & more likely he will be in SPFL team of the week.

He also got the match ball to keep after the game for his unique hat-trick

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Yes mate and two of his saves were from Gavin Reilly and Nicky Clark - yet another ex - Doonhamer player Michael Paton did eventually score from open play for the Pars but they still got beaten by the Arabs
    Three penalties saved and each taken by a different player. I certainly have never seen nor heard of that before; and I don't suppose I shall ever again. It was an absolutely incredible feat. I am pleased to see Michael Paton on the score sheet. He was a player of enormous talent which he simply did not engage often enough whilst at Palmerston.

I always thought Paton lacked a bit of heart. If he could have worked as hard as his direct opponent, then his undoubted ability would give him the edge over them. This he couldn't do enough ( for me).

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)