+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Atlantic Oil

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Ever heard of Statoil Thickstuff ? look it up.
    I don't do what you tell me. I doubt anyone does.

So, is it SNP policy to nationalise the oil industry in Scotland?

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    DABmo, these 2 jokers think we'll benefit from 5billion from the whisky industry and want to nationalise the oil industry.
    Ah well everything will be fine then

Scotland the only Country in the whole wurld.... To strike Oil and get poorer.

Even at today's prices which are beginning to rise Scotland would be 60 Million better off.

Another point to remember oil revenues would benefit 5.3 Million population as opposed to 55 Million

A couple of years ago a report by accountancy firm Grant Thornton shows that if an Independent Scotland received only 82.5% of North Sea Oil and Gas revenues Scotland would have a budget surplus of £4.4 billion, with 95% of revenues this would increase to £6.2 billion. It is abundantly clear that Westminster’s financial black hole is being filled with Scotland’s black, black oil. It is very simple even you if you allow yourself Paddy might just get that thick bonce O yours round it.

But and here's the rub even WITHOUT this rich resource Scotland would be a viable financial success.
    Why do you Nats bring this up all the time ? Its in the past

More backward looking from wee stuarty.
    They love looking back Noaharab

Quote Originally Posted by Buc View Post
    Aye as always but that's fine by our unionists on here .
    Aye it's magic Buc Managing to steal something that is ours anyway .

The difference between Nero and Zero and Buc and I is .. We believe in our country we believe in our fellow Scots who have the skills the ability and resources to make this a fantastic, wealthy, fairer, Country. Just wondering if Nero&Zero get their next door neighbours to run their households for them pay their bill etc. drag them into fights wi the mannie doon the road They seem comfortable with that arrangement.
    Last edited by stewarty27; 23-09-2016 at 11:34 AM.

The difference between Nero and Zero and Buc and I is .. We believe in our country we believe in our fellow Scots who have the skills the ability and resources to make this a fantastic, wealthy, fairer, Country. Just wondering if Nero&Zero get their next door neighbours to run their households for them pay their bill etc. drag them into fights wi the mannie doon the road They seem comfortable with that arrangement.

Give it it up son.

Yer making yersel look dafter wi every post.

Give it it up son.

Yer making yersel look dafter wi every post.
    Lol you know fine I will never ever give it up. Seems to me I'm the only one posting positive and enlightening stuff. You on the other hand just sit on the sidelines carping negatives and just repeating the same stuff "too wee" Too small" Too daft" An example of your closed mind... I start a thread about about a multi billion pound oil&gas discovery west of Shetland and a company has found a way to extract it.... And you say I'm looking back !!!! I point out to you that Norway have their state owned oil company and you convert that into Ah the SNP want to nationalise the whole oil &gas sector. You put absolutely no arguments of your own you just slap down mine without any thought or consideration. And you say Im the one looking daft ? !! have a wee think about that ..and FFS don't call me son

Quote Originally Posted by JackSnakes View Post
    I have to say I am a fan of nationalisation over privatisation.
    I simply cannot understand why a government should sell, to the private sector, such goldmines as water, gas, electricity, trains, the post office etc.
    I understand that when the government is your boss, it seems that the workforce is made up of workshy fat union members who do nothing but smoke fags and play cards all day, and try to skim as much cash from their employers as possible. I would hope that these days, government employees would see their duty lies in doing their fair share thereby enabling all to prosper, and not just a few fat cat bosses.
    A state-owned oil exploration firm may or may not be the answer but, since this Hurricane lot are already running in the race, a state-owned firm wouldn't even get out of the starting blocks before the contest was over
    Thing is Jack this is not "nationalisation" the point I was trying to get over The Scottish people would own this new field. Just as Norway did at the outset of Oil. A company called Statoil.. And Statoil is ranked by Forbes Magazine (2013) as the world's eleventh largest oil and gas company and the twenty-sixth largest company, regardless of industry, by profit in the world. The company has about 23,000 employees. If we were to takeover BP that would be nationalisation. But try getting that across to the closed-minded obstinate detractors on here.

As for your final point Hurricane is a mid to long term project if we were to go for Independence in the next 3-6 years we would be right in there on the ground floor.

Lol you know fine I will never ever give it up. Seems to me I'm the only one posting positive and enlightening stuff. You on the other hand just sit on the sidelines carping negatives and just repeating the same stuff "too wee" Too small" Too daft" An example of your closed mind... I start a thread about about a multi billion pound oil&gas discovery west of Shetland and a company has found a way to extract it.... And you say I'm looking back !!!! I point out to you that Norway have their state owned oil company and you convert that into Ah the SNP want to nationalise the whole oil &gas sector. You put absolutely no arguments of your own you just slap down mine without any thought or consideration. And you say Im the one looking daft ? !! have a wee think about that ..and FFS don't call me son
    "
    Which brings us back to West of Shetland. The mineral resources are there. But let’s not repeat the mistakes made in the North Sea. West of Shetland should be developed and exploited by a state-owned Scottish energy company. That way we keep the profits as well as the taxes. And avoid those “made in London” deficits."

Seems like the SNP want to nationalise it son.

If you just cut and paste any old shyte without reading it yer going to look pretty daft when it's used against you.

Try again son.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)