+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T My cardiologist told me...

O/T My cardiologist told me...

... I haven't to get over excited. I told him I'm going to see Rotherham tomorrow, he said in that case I should be ok.

What - one shot away from being THREE - ZERO Up on a very expensive team and playing great....then to have Jon Taylor taken off after being studded on the knee from tackling a clearance the young Issy coming off with a knock!

Two of our best attacking players off the pitch - so our "outball" greatly curtailed!

They say that at 2 - 0 down they had to go for it!

So they brought on two flying wingers - one mult-million pound centre half and went three at the back....

And they went for it -

We defended magnificently but just couldn't hold out !

If Wardy could have put us 3 - 0 up that would have been it !

Two key players coming off stopped our flow and they through the kitchen sink at us.....one of the best matches I've seen at the NYS I think....

People have said it was a one way game for Bristol.....WE'LL I'LL TAKE BEING 2 - 0 UP AGAINST THE RUN OF PLAY AND VERY NEARLY 3 - 0 UP EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK.....

MODERN FOOTBALL - IT'S THE FANS WHO NEED EDUCATING - NOT AS !

THAT WAS EXITING !

lbj, your judgement is frankly rubbish. You have a wildly optimistic view of everything we do and every time another club beats us you say something about them being in false positions blah, blah, blah. Was it you who posted that you'd rather be where we are than where Huddersfield are? If not, apologies; if so you're clearly bonkers.

Do you know that you're named after Man who sacrificed many thousands of British soldiers lives ! And many say that this sacrifice was unnecessary!

Perhaps - you say - not pertinent - but it's as pertinent as your "assessment"

Not I that "Huddersfield" thing so ok!

But we are little old Rotherham United - we have worked miracles to get HERE!

This league has grown up around us and is swallowing us up !

This season is GROUND ZERO for us!

For the first time Mr Stewart is saying we must dig in.....look you are obviously capable of joined up writing - yet you fail to accept recent history.

Steve Evans - new ground - bought a team to get out of that league and did he do it YES / NO
    I have a picture on my wall of the first match at NYS and there's only me and Andy Dibble left !

Next promotion SAME THING !

We have to take root and we CAN'T afford the big bucks on 9,000 average gates....we are a small club

BUT MINISCULE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

TO USE A DOCTORS ANALOGY - ONE OF YOU IS A DOCTOR READING BETWEEN THE LINES !

Well surgery in this country is brilliant NOW take that same surgeon to the Gambia and let him work his miracles!

The suters will look like a dogs dinner - because he could only put half in as he water due to shortages.

He had to re-use equipment that would be thrown away here without thought !

Well - if that surgeon saves that life he will have a greater satisfaction than at home!

Well that is what Rotherham United are doing day in - day out and we should appreciate that - as we understand the constraints - NOT BAD MANAGEMENT - NOT POOR PLAYERS -

EVERYTHING IS THE BEST WE CAN "AFFORD".....GET REAL - EMPATHISE ...

START TO SAY THINGS LIKE...

"I WOULD HAVE CHASED GREGORY AND PAID.....WHATEVER - BUT AGENTS AND THE CLUB - O'H YES AND THE PLAYER NEEDS TO COMPLY

WE ARE PLANTING WATTER

And that's what I see !

The idiots that say unsubstantiated rubbish on here is understandable - they don't know any better - but that's my problem with you - YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER !

LOVELY DAY - DON'T YA THINK !

UTM

NOT SPELL-CHECKED OR GRAMMAR

CAN'T BE ARSED
    XXXXXXX

I'll change "PLATTING WATTER" just in case you're not from God's county!

Wish I'd never started this one...

Sorry - but Monty started it...lol

PS: just my opinion....UTM

Standing down now - I'm sailing soon too! Have fun yuall!

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    ... I haven't to get over excited. I told him I'm going to see Rotherham tomorrow, he said in that case I should be ok.
    Did he also warn you to steer clear of people with a warped sense of reality?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Did he also warn you to steer clear of people with a warped sense of reality?
    Obviously not!

Actually - " Platting Watter" about sums up what Rotherham United are doing at the moment - a near impossible task but they are having a go - and good luck to them!

"Warped sense of reality😉"

That's your input !

Good luck Rotherham - you'll need it ! 😉