+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: God it's been hot this week...

Quote Originally Posted by pfclassof61 View Post
    We had a spur-of-the-moment mini-break on the IOW on Monday/Tuesday to enjoy the great weather. Walked Shanklin to the Spyglass at Ventnor one day and Freshwater Bay to the Needles the other. Saw the Waverley passing Hurst Castle. While waiting for the return ferry, enjoyed a stroll along the prom at Seaview.
    Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for your invite btw, sorry we couldn't male it, you know how jam packed my diary is.

Lassie stop faffing about and tell us how many more games Trollope has left ?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Bluebird View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for your invite btw, sorry we couldn't male it, you know how jam packed my diary is.
    Yeah, I know you're jam-packed with males

Quote Originally Posted by lovedeanblue View Post
    Lassie stop faffing about and tell us how many more games Trollope has left ?
    It's very sad. Trolls was assumed to have been the man behind the improvement last season and was a cheap option (a consideration because of FFP rules) as a replacement manager when Slade was booted upstairs. Lenny Lawrence was resurrected as a guiding hand. Towards the end of the transfer window, Cardiff sold their two goalies (including current Scottish keeper, Marshall) and Fabio for about £5 and responded to the cry for a striker by signing Lambert - whose legs have gone. Cardiff have yet to score at home in the league this season. Trolls has introduced the Wales formation 352/532 but it's been a disaster without Bale, Allen and Ramsey. Several players, like new signing, Immers, have gone backwards - perhaps due to the constraints of a new formation. Trolls said last week that he would continue with his strategy - and promptly dropped five players and played 451.

To answer your question, Trolls future depends on whether the management buy into the media's perception that Cardiff's performances have been worth more points. On the other hand, LL is waiting in the wings -another cheap option. It's probably down to what happens over the next few games - the first three are against teams in the lower half of the division. Can't see them taking a point based on recent performances, so Trolls to be sacked within the month, to be replaced by LL.

And before you take the moral high ground, Pompey's position flatters to deceive, don it?

#lovedeanblue

What's a matelot - and how do I get one?

Quote Originally Posted by 2016 Miss Bluebird View Post
    #lovedeanblue

Proof positive that there's more than one Trollope in Cardiff....

Yeah, I know you're jam-packed with males
    Bloody keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Bluebird View Post
    Bloody keyboard.
    Probably the worst excuse for a faux trois since Ash claimed his 'puter had been hacked....

Quote Originally Posted by 2016 Miss Bluebird View Post
    #lovedeanblue

Pop down here one weekend and we'll get a matelot to fulfil your needs

It's very sad. Trolls was assumed to have been the man behind the improvement last season and was a cheap option (a consideration because of FFP rules) as a replacement manager when Slade was booted upstairs. Lenny Lawrence was resurrected as a guiding hand. Towards the end of the transfer window, Cardiff sold their two goalies (including current Scottish keeper, Marshall) and Fabio for about £5 and responded to the cry for a striker by signing Lambert - whose legs have gone. Cardiff have yet to score at home in the league this season. Trolls has introduced the Wales formation 352/532 but it's been a disaster without Bale, Allen and Ramsey. Several players, like new signing, Immers, have gone backwards - perhaps due to the constraints of a new formation. Trolls said last week that he would continue with his strategy - and promptly dropped five players and played 451.

To answer your question, Trolls future depends on whether the management buy into the media's perception that Cardiff's performances have been worth more points. On the other hand, LL is waiting in the wings -another cheap option. It's probably down to what happens over the next few games - the first three are against teams in the lower half of the division. Can't see them taking a point based on recent performances, so Trolls to be sacked within the month, to be replaced by LL.

And before you take the moral high ground, Pompey's position flatters to deceive, don it?
    Thanks. Saw his Dad play many times as you know. As a player he wasn't a patch on his Dad (neither was Nicky Summerbee) hence I do watch with interest how he gets on as a coach and now the boss. It is early days but I am disappointed with Pompey's point haul so far. One away goal (a dodgy Exeter pen) sums Cook up for me. We tried everything but couldn't break 10 man Carlisle down. Colchester looked all over a 0.0 draw, their defender clattered Roberts, the late bit of luck we needed which so often changes the game. Crawley weren't very good and we overcame a very physical time wasting Wycombe team, no surprise with a bit of difficulty. Conor's goal was out of this world, so what does Cook do at Accy ? He puts CC back on the bench, brings back the hapless Smith plus the managers signing in 2015 Bennett. It was like having 9 men at times (the others it has to be said apart from our central defenders weren't any good either). KB drives me nuts. When he scored 2 on debut I really thought we had a cracking player who would help us get out of this league. It wasn't to be and with this lot we have plus the arrogant, stubborn, tactically lacking, clown Cook as a Manager I don't see it changing. Bennett will go in the January transfer window I am sure of that if we get an offer of course. The way he played Saturday I can't see it being much of an offer. I am in no way a Cook fan, however those that clamour for him to be sacked are dreaming, it isn't going to happen.....yet. My eldest is down for his annual fishing trip (plus 2 home games) living in the glorified tin shed. He is a bit of a Jonah so with Blackpool away next week in between those home games it will be interesting to see how we play and how many points we get in those 3 days. P.U.P.
    Last edited by lovedeanblue; 20-09-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)