+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gate v hibs

Gate v hibs

Spoke to the stewards last week and was told that there is a possibility of the gate being shut v hibs depending on ticket sales

At the moment it will be open but i was asked to pre warn just incase

Wishful thinking, surely. Average attendance for the four home games we have played against Hibs in the Championship so far is only 2880 ranging from 2017 (although that game was played on a Tuesday evening) to 3677. With both teams having started the season really well I'd expect an attendance at the top end of the scale or even a bit off the scale (particularly as the Hibs fans may turn out in higher numbers than previously) .......but shutting the gates? I don't think so.

All depends on ticket sales for stand if sell more terrace tickets than seats it will remain open but if people buy stand tickets it will be closed i think

I will confirm with stewarfs today

Fruitloop - what gate are you talking about ? as Cresswell says there is more than enough room in the away section of the stand and on the terracing for whatever number of Highbees turn up !

Quote Originally Posted by fruitloop View Post
    Spoke to the stewards last week and was told that there is a possibility of the gate being shut v hibs depending on ticket sales

At the moment it will be open but i was asked to pre warn just incase
    What gates ? - only problem I can see that seating areas may get busy and overflow will then go on to the two terraces

I'm guessing it's the gate inside the ground between the Portland Road end and the East Stand? Perhaps, due to the anticipated higher than normal numbers attending, someone will be considering the necessity to close it like it was for a spell last season.

If Hibs bring around 1500 hopefully the crowd will push 3500 plus.

i predict 2000 hibs fans maybe more and a home support of 3000ish so my prediction for this around the 5k mark .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i predict 2000 hibs fans maybe more and a home support of 3000ish so my prediction for this around the 5k mark .
    In reality we'll be lucky to break the 3,000 mark

The gate between terrace and new stand depends on how many seats we sell not hibs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)