+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Posting now as some might want to make an early start. Looks like being a long night but you never know?

We're shyte
    And we know we are
    We're shyte
    ....etc

Not even post-match. This is the pre-match anthem.

Everyone go out, have a few pints and a nice meal. It's only football.

They say a week in politics is a long time. Before last Saturday's match I thought 7 points from the week's 3 games was a reasonable expectation, 9 a possibility. I'm just a deluded idiot.

I said I wouldn't judge on this game because kick start struggling teams seasons but it's not my judgement that makes a difference and it wouldn't surprise me if that's the end of that because of what the bloke whose judgement that does make a difference is like.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    They say a week in politics is a long time. Before last Saturday's match I thought 7 points from the week's 3 games was a reasonable expectation, 9 a possibility. I'm just a deluded idiot.
    a bit like a Berlin bunker this - most people can see that our tactics (standing off, not tackling) are not going to work (players at this level will murder you for doing it) and yet we persist with it. Hope he changes this, because I can see him being the first sacking in the Champ coming our way unless it does (NW understood this and closed the opposition down more)

The stats don't lie. Another game where we've allowed the opposition over 20 shots on goal by sitting too deep and not challenging for the ball. You can't win games like this. Is this not obvious to everyone? Apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Everyone go out, have a few pints and a nice meal. It's only football.
    You're a star, Cam. It's the diehards I feel sorry for. Trudging back from blackburn already trying to put a gloss on this shyte. In Tony we trust. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    You're a star, Cam. It's the diehards I feel sorry for. Trudging back from blackburn already trying to put a gloss on this shyte. In Tony we trust. I love it.
    At least they can have a few pints and a bag of chips on the way home. It's bloody 9am here and I have a whole day of depression ahead

I haven't been today so can't comment on the game itself.
    However, every time we play away we concede either 3 or 4 goals and conceding 4 against the rock bottom team is unforgivable.
    It's so disappointing after the improved performance on Wednesday night.
    Back to square one it seems

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast