+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens v Hibs

Queens v Hibs

We need to get last night's nightmare performance and result out our minds and look forward to our top of the league class this weekend against Hibs

Lyndon Dykes looked lively again last and will probably get a start if Anderson is injured or maybe the gaffer will give Lyle a much needed rest and play him or Rigg upfront with Dobbie . Calum Tapping is kicking his heels on the bench and is desperate for a start .
    Skelton has some big decisions to make this weekend IMO . Stick with the team that's been doing so well in the league or freshen things up

Glad you brought up the subject of Tapping . Is he injured or what ? Can't recall him being in the last few squads. I agree if fit he needs to be given a chance to show what he can do now.

Tuesday nights result was so disappointing but we've no other choice but to pick ourselves up , dust ourselves down and we go again .

We haven't become a poor team overnight . Resting a few players this weekend and bringing in fresh legs may be a good idea , only time will tell ........

Queens will be desperate to get that defeat out of their system and what better way than to get a result against Hibernian this weekend . It'll be interesting to see how the players react

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Queens will be desperate to get that defeat out of their system and what better way than to get a result against Hibernian this weekend . It'll be interesting to see how the players react
    And, of course, Hibs will be desperate to get that that shock home defeat to Ayr United out of their system and what better way to do it than get a result against Queen of the South at Palmerston this weekend. It'll be interesting to find out which set of players react the better.

The match preview is back and on the website now

Apologies for the lack of previews for the last two games, the person who normally writes them was ill

Hibs had sold over 1,100 tickets by Thursday night so it's looking like we'll get a 3,000 plus crowd after all ....

Wouldn't like to be standing on the open terrace tomorrow after seeing the weather forecast

Hibs will be lacking their lips hoping we are on a downer. Team has had four days rest up to kick off and I am sure they haven't been doing that much training so should be 'full of beans ' I was concerned that we couldn't really handle another hard midweek game after a hard Saturday and the team certainly looked jaded as Rangers took complete control after our opening second half flurry. Rangers obviously have better players than us but they also had the luxury of totally freshening their team up from last Saturday. I agreed with Skelton that perhaps we have had a rub of the green in some games so far and the other night was the opposite. A period in the Dundee Utd game comes immediately to mind . Surely we would not have been hammered by five if Forrester's disgraceful assault had been rightfully punished. Big test of the teams mentality now and we have to be up for this as Hibs will be like 'dogs off the leash ' after their first defeat last week. I have asked a few times about Tapping but no answer . Why ? and is he available ?
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 23-09-2016 at 08:32 AM.

Over 1,200 away tickets sold now ......

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Hibs will be lacking their lips hoping we are on a downer. Team has had four days rest up to kick off and I am sure they haven't been doing that much training so should be 'full of beans ' I was concerned that we couldn't really handle another hard midweek game after a hard Saturday and the team certainly looked jaded as Rangers took complete control after our opening second half flurry. Rangers obviously have better players than us but they also had the luxury of totally freshening their team up from last Saturday. I agreed with Skelton that perhaps we have had a rub of the green in some games so far and the other night was the opposite. A period in the Dundee Utd game comes immediately to mind . Surely we would not have been hammered by five if Forrester's disgraceful assault had been rightfully punished. Big test of the teams mentality now and we have to be up for this as Hibs will be like 'dogs off the leash ' after their first defeat last week. I have asked a few times about Tapping but no answer . Why ? and is he available ?
    Match preview says we've a full squad to choose from

The full squad is available for selection with no new injury concerns.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)