+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Footy Mad is almost dead

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Just to add ten pence worth, as a political asylum seeker I will be forever grateful to Swindon Mad for taking us in, but after a honeymoon period it became evident that the locals were a tad inhospitable and expressing views that I did not agree with. Your right to, my right to find it objectionable. Their right to say it, my right not to listen.

So I stopped posting, not just here, but overall. It was nowt to do with OTR being flouncy but rather the inhospitable right wing views expressed herein. Then came the new version so I came back tp play a bit, and even tried to check out this board, but it had disappeared. As for now I have stopped posting on FM (but look every now and then) as the new version has driven away so many people there is nobody left much to interact with. One feels like the proverbial one legged man at an arse kicking contest.

Everything dies in time - DM looks like it needs a few more shovels of topsoil to complete its burial so, like OTR, I plan to focus on DCFCFans as have a lot of the old Derby refugees that came here briefly.

Ramjet that is a funny and interesting reply, yes we all have different opinions but that is the beauty of it, it would be a dull old world otherwise.
    I have had a busy old summer but expect to post more now the days are getting shorter.

Gaz is a great poster, and of course Frenchlion is one of our own and of course Rammy I have a lot of respect for there are many posters who come on here who I enjoy reading including Acido, despite them beating us at Wembly lst season.

I have been supporting Marine A who is still incarsarated in a Wiltshire prison but at least he has my book to read. Poor bugger.

What did you do that to him for Claw....poor sod what has he done to you? It'll help him sleep anyway.

Hope he gets justice by the way.

Anyway i am off now my friend, say hello on DM until it goes pop and then you can find me on www.dcfcfans.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Morning Gaz..I have just read this thread and I would like to clear up any misunderstanding that you may have. I have not posted on here for some time only because I have not had anything that I think worthy of interest to post on the various subjects raised. It is by no means because you "sided" with Lionsroar. In fact I did not have the impression that you sided with anyone and that you only wanted the two of us to reconcile,which for me is impossible.
    As for Claw, I don't know but I haven't seen him anywhere for the past weeks but he Will soon be back..I'm sure

Cheers FL
    Evening Mr Frenchie, you always have something interesting to say and are a great guy IMO.

I did want you to stay on MM and make some peace with LR, true. I also thought there were two sets of fans hell bent on trouble and thought it was unfair to blame it all on the easy target, Millwall. That's all

Hope your well and god to see you are having good bants on EM B-)

Rammy - I only speak as I find. At the time when we were trying to settle the board and your spats with Arundel I thought we had come to an agreement i.e. you and he as well as me. But you immediately started a thread having a pop at him. I took a long sigh and deleted your post and the subsequent ones. I did want to keep them as I didn't want to make an example of you with the other Rams.
    I hold no malice with you and I thought the flouncing term was apt and funny. I haven't changed as some people say and I haven't got above my station as you put it. The lackadaisical modding I did when we first started here was because the boards were busier and we went under the radar but as time went on our heads were above the parapet so I wanted to protect the board and the users.
    As I said before you are welcome to post as and when you like.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Just to add ten pence worth, as a political asylum seeker I will be forever grateful to Swindon Mad for taking us in, but after a honeymoon period it became evident that the locals were a tad inhospitable and expressing views that I did not agree with. Your right to, my right to find it objectionable. Their right to say it, my right not to listen.

So I stopped posting, not just here, but overall. It was nowt to do with OTR being flouncy but rather the inhospitable right wing views expressed herein. Then came the new version so I came back tp play a bit, and even tried to check out this board, but it had disappeared. As for now I have stopped posting on FM (but look every now and then) as the new version has driven away so many people there is nobody left much to interact with. One feels like the proverbial one legged man at an arse kicking contest.

Everything dies in time - DM looks like it needs a few more shovels of topsoil to complete its burial so, like OTR, I plan to focus on DCFCFans as have a lot of the old Derby refugees that came here briefly.
    Fair do's ramjet - there has always been a non pc element to posts here but I can assure the posters were doing tongue in cheek and are by no means racist. Personally I like debate but I like debate to be a two way thing where others feel able to say what they feel with-out a barage of insults. The honeymoon period was good but I don't feel it was me that ended the honeymoon. I feel I merely interjected at points where I felt the posters were being dictated to.
    Sorry you have felt the need to leave the boards but let's hope you get inspired to chip in somewhen
    If I have offended then appologise but like I have said before I am quite likely to do things the same way if the occasion arose ;-)

Good on you Claw and I hope justice is done soon. If you have any links or need something feel free to ask ;-)

Arundel - thanks for your input and support lol with this new site at lease there is an ignore user option ;-)

I used to come on here because we used to have a good laugh and it wasn't too serious, just like minded blokes having a chat and getting on with each other. Rammy is right the whole Footymad site is getting quieter and unfortunately SM has gone very quiet. I like all the old posters ie gaz, Mike, Rammy, Alf, Nut, claret, sadlad, Dudley, Lion, Claw and the other Millwall boys...this was the new Riviera! Stan was a good poster, I have now sorted things with Mark, Acido, the Derby boys and even Arundel put some good posts up!! It's very sad to see all this falling out over nothing in my opinion, there's no point in protecting the board gaz if hardly anyone posts on here anymore? I would love to see all the above posters back but I don't know if that is possible? There has been a few vendettas which have destabilised the board and I would like to see that nonsense stopped, we are all grown men and should behave accordingly. I would like everyone to chill out and stop being so serious and sensitive and the moderation on this board should be more lenient maybe because if not it will fold which would be a shame. I am not going to fall out with anyone as you are a good bunch of lads but let's have no more posts saying how SM and Footymad is dying and let's all be more tolerant and stop the petty squabbling please, you never know more posters may come back on here? Let's stop analysing who said what in the past and let's just move on and have some fun and banter again, is that asking too much? I would like to see all the old posters back here again including Mike (who is very much missed) and Rammy.

Anyway as we are being honest I have had my say, what do you say lads?
    Last edited by lazaat; 23-09-2016 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes

Ive enjoyed my time on here and it would be a shame to see this board end up 'folding', I really hope that doesnt happen.
    Gaz you made a valid point in the fact that Im also one of the non-posters now, so I cant really have a go at nobody posting anymore can I ?. But maybe I do it because its so quiet and I cant find much or anything to reply to.

" there are many posters who come on here who I enjoy reading including Acido, despite them beating us at Wembley last season. "
    Tahh for that Claw, but I dont think Frenchie was too pleased when I put one of the Wembley match videos on England mad last week lol

I will be posting on here when I return home and get my proper wi Fi back and not this expensive wifi dongle...

I have never ever knowingly fallen out with posters ,may have upset one or two though ...life's to short,although one or two have fallen out with me over my tongue in cheek posts..Acido is the latest casualty of mine on Burnleymad ..

Yawkshire gay ripper and the Munichs ...Sometimes I do overstep the mark though,it wouldn't surprise me if I was banned before long under the new rules and regime..lol

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast