Get your very own personalised Robins Nest gifts!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 74

Thread: Footy Mad is almost dead

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,214

    Footy Mad is almost dead

    The Derby site is almost deserted now and Gaz posts to himself on here. Its days are numbered I fear.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15,688
    Oh my Ramster :-O so every board you visit is going down the pan eh ..... hmmmm lol

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    41,997
    Oldie is right though Gaz, and I do fear for the future of Footymad.
    Why is this board looking dead all of a sudden, things were still good on here last season and where is your mod mate Laz ?
    There are a few fans who are saying they have had enough on Derby mad as well and I suppose we have to ask ourselves why is this happening ?
    Bear in mind there arent many decent alternatives away from Footymad, and lets face it ***** 'Mad' would be an absolute joke as a replacement.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15,688
    ***** has as much charisma as a slug on your salad haha
    You used to post here but stopped Acido, so in part you may be able to answer your own question.

    Ramster has a habit of flouncing off in dramatic fashion over the years.

    If you were to ask people they will blame me Acido. But I stand by my actions 100%.

    Rammy brought his Direbuy lot over and I sin binned one for his disrespectful so called banter with me. The call me a knut for that over on DM.

    Rammy has a long standing tedious feud with Arundel which often spilled over to here. No probs but for the good of equality I tried to afford the Flourist man some respect and agreed some sort of truce with him. But Rammy chose to ignore it and posted a post aimed at Arundel the flourist fan. I chose to delete it. Rammy posted several posts of complaint about said deletion and I subsequently deleted those posts too. Rammy flounced off. The DM lot took umbridge and I became a Knut for that too.
    DM (some of them) fans who came here had a history of infighting and not liking MODS decisions. They liked to talk politics but didn't like differences of opinions and call those who disagree reight wingers etc. I felt some of them spouted sh1te as if they are the only ones with a voice. The best DM lad AfghanRam got binned by his own MOD.
    Because of me disagreeing with them and because of Ramsters sm-exit the chose to return to the fold of DM. Not a loss in my opinion.
    Alto left because he thought I had changed when I criticized his fun thread for some near the knuckle images, it was a bit tongue in cheek tho as i had noticed Clarets Mad had showed mixed reviews of his fun thread. So Alto phooked off to help run the busy CM site, Turfites. I have asked him his intentions here as in will he still be modding etc but he leaves it to my discretion as to keeping his MOD status, so he is currently still a MOD here.

    Stan got fed up with a couple of SM folk and had a notion about me so phooked off to TM and found solice

    Ghost has settled down on TurfiteMad and no longer needs to haunt the various boards.
    Laz in old days tradition never posted a lot but posted more often when the muckers were posting here.

    I sided with Lionsroar when protecting his beloved Wall and Frenchie had issue with lionsroar and left MM but he doesn't post here as he said he would because of my support for Lionsroar I suspect.
    Claw has stopped posting so much as well as it is probably uncool to associate with me or SM or perhaps he's writing his new book.

    Alfie only posts where there is a bit of fun to be had and there isn't any fun here at present

    I am not really posting here as much as Ramster said I am mostly chatting to myself.

    I am not a bitter person but I do not like it when people flounce the truth and accuse me of this and that but ignore my email and texts

    In the past we had a good mix of lads we called BoBs but one by one they have drifted away but I can assure they are not forgotten and I am sure they remember the BoBs too.

    Facebook and Twitter have taken a lot of footie forum traffic too.
    Last edited by gaz1959; 22-09-2016 at 10:16 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    41,997
    Wow thats quite a reply Gaz, do you want me to reply to it honestly (although you might not like what I post, so no I wont)

    As other fans might say about me, I dont want to look for any disagreeable or nasty comments on FM and I dont even like seeing posters who I like argue with each other. But if Im pushed (and some fans have done this to me in the past), then yes I will stand my ground and its tough if they dont like it. That sadly is the role of a mod isnt it !!
    Last edited by Acido; 22-09-2016 at 07:24 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15,688
    Acido - if you have something to say but you are not because you don't want to offend me .... then that speaks volumes of you mate. I have no real beef with anyone but to know the truth you have to have follwed the whole story.

    Opinions and nit picking is tedious and I really do not give a phook

    I have said I stand by my decision and if you know the history of this board you will know it hasn't been an easy board to MOD. I don't expect to make friends but there is a fickleness amongst some of us FM posters

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    41,997
    No Gaz I dont know the history of this board that you talk about, so Im going to take the 'easy way out' and not comment. That sounds louzy doesnt it, but its just the way I am.
    I agree with you though in the fact that modding a board on FM can be a right pain in the butt, because of how certain posters behave.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15,688
    It's alright Acido I don't expect you to but sorry you fell unable to speak your mind.

    I have said before that you seem a decent sort

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    41,997
    You really want me to speak my mind eh Gaz..... well ok then, lets play!

    I think you acted really badly in the 'Eranio racist thing at Derby' earlier on this year. Oldtimer was a fan who was involved in this of course and your stance at the time was ill advised, and it put more than a few fans off!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    You really want me to speak my mind eh Gaz..... well ok then, lets play!

    I think you acted really badly in the 'Eranio racist thing at Derby' earlier on this year. Oldtimer was a fan who was involved in this of course and your stance at the time was ill advised, and it put more than a few fans off!!
    Fair enough but this is what he said “Black players in the defensive line often make these mistakes because they’re not concentrated,” said Eranio. “They are powerful physically, but when it is time to think … they often make this type of error.”

    To me it is racist and anyone that thinks it's not leaves me baffled

    If that is the reason people have gone off me then so be it as I am better off in the process lol
    Last edited by gaz1959; 22-09-2016 at 10:16 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,278
    Morning Gaz..I have just read this thread and I would like to clear up any misunderstanding that you may have. I have not posted on here for some time only because I have not had anything that I think worthy of interest to post on the various subjects raised. It is by no means because you "sided" with Lionsroar. In fact I did not have the impression that you sided with anyone and that you only wanted the two of us to reconcile,which for me is impossible.
    As for Claw, I don't know but I haven't seen him anywhere for the past weeks but he Will soon be back..I'm sure

    Cheers FL

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,214
    Gaz

    Still bitter I see? I thought we had put all this behind us...obviously not?

    You know, you are not doing yourself any favours here and you seem hell bent on alienating posters even more with your comments. This Board cannot afford to lose any more posters.

    Why are you acting like this, it is just not worth it? Chill out for God's sake man!

    Up the Rams!
    Last edited by Oldtimeram; 23-09-2016 at 10:25 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,214
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Oh my Ramster :-O so every board you visit is going down the pan eh ..... hmmmm lol
    And your point is?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,214
    I invited the Derby lads on here because I had told them you were a decent guy and would be free to chat without excessive moderation being imposed. It all got a bit embarrassing to be honest. I am sad to read some of the comments you have made about me and also the Derby lads. They came here in good faith and it is disappointing to read that you think they are no great loss to the Board.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Gaz

    Still bitter I see? I thought we had put all this behind us...obviously not?

    You know, you are not doing yourself any favours here and you seem hell bent on alienating posters even more with your comments. This Board cannot afford to lose any more posters.

    Why are you acting like this, it is just not worth it? Chill out for God's sake man!

    Up the Rams!
    It's you who needs to chill out, dictating to Mods on how to do their job and what group of supporters they should be biased in favour of and those they shouldn't.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,214
    In conclusion. I am not "flouncing" off the board as you so kindly put it (also a favourite word of one other poster too) lol . However, I think for the sake of the Board and to not cause any further upset to you Gaz I will refrain from posting on here again. I came back because i thought we had put our differences behind us but sadly I think that is not the case in reality.

    I wish you all the best for the future and I really do hope you can get this board up and running again soon.

    DM is on its last legs so I may not be posting much on FM in the future. I will probably post on DCFC fans from now on with the occasional post on DM and CM until the guillotine finally drops on FM for good.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Arundelred View Post
    It's you who needs to chill out, dictating to Mods on how to do their job and what group of supporters they should be biased in favour of and those they shouldn't.
    You should just phook off back under your stone you parasite

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    You should just phook off back under your stone you parasite
    That is a perfect illustration of why the Mod on this board decided to delete your posts.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,214
    You are a coward that hides behind a keyboard. I am not wasting my time replying to you anymore.

    If Gaz wants to delete my posts that is fine by me Arundel.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,798
    Just to add ten pence worth, as a political asylum seeker I will be forever grateful to Swindon Mad for taking us in, but after a honeymoon period it became evident that the locals were a tad inhospitable and expressing views that I did not agree with. Your right to, my right to find it objectionable. Their right to say it, my right not to listen.

    So I stopped posting, not just here, but overall. It was nowt to do with OTR being flouncy but rather the inhospitable right wing views expressed herein. Then came the new version so I came back tp play a bit, and even tried to check out this board, but it had disappeared. As for now I have stopped posting on FM (but look every now and then) as the new version has driven away so many people there is nobody left much to interact with. One feels like the proverbial one legged man at an arse kicking contest.

    Everything dies in time - DM looks like it needs a few more shovels of topsoil to complete its burial so, like OTR, I plan to focus on DCFCFans as have a lot of the old Derby refugees that came here briefly.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •