+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aston Villa Away

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    Mine came today also in the 'Deadly' lower!
    Let's hope Wolves turn up for this one on the pitch as we're backed by a decent away following again.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Let's hope Wolves turn up for this one on the pitch as we're backed by a decent away following again.

Probably best not to hold yer breath in anticipation of a performance!. But We'll make a F**kin Noise!!

I think the players will turn up. Brum and Newcastle were two biggies. The boys turned up for both. It's the game against 'lesser' sides that is the concern.

Silly they have only given a few thousand tickets out. They must be scared of the Villa fans being drowned out by the Wolves!

Alright lads - it's the Trinity Rd upper that is closed for the season, the club made a lot of people redundant towards the end of last season, terrible business, so they haven't got the infrastructure now to open the stand back up. I agree a bigger following makes for a better atmosphere, the Geordies were lively and I'm sure you'll be the same. The way we are at the minute you're favourites but put your money on a scoring draw!

How's it going WCV?

I'd like to think we would get the 3 points but by then you may have a new manager, a lift, a new enthusiasm so yeah, it may be a draw.

It's good to see you bringing a bit of culture and basic back down to earth sensibility to the sandwell forum recently

Drive, taxi, train, couldn't decide what to do for this trip to Villa so we thought we'd try something new and booked ourselves a seat on a coach with Tatter Travels!

First time we've used this travel club but gonna be a big day, run from The Wheatsheaf pub in the city centre

In the pub 1130 for a buffet lunch leaving on the coach 1230 for a pub stop then on to the game lol gonna be slaughtered!

They get a former Wolves player to take the trip to away games and this trip Jon Purdie will be joining the party!

Tried to put a picture up of the flyer with no luck so for info here's the web site

http://www.tattertravels.co.uk

See you up there!
    Last edited by ADP22; 07-10-2016 at 08:49 PM.

I've heard that they were running coaches, the more independent one's the better if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Alright lads - it's the Trinity Rd upper that is closed for the season, the club made a lot of people redundant towards the end of last season, terrible business, so they haven't got the infrastructure now to open the stand back up. I agree a bigger following makes for a better atmosphere, the Geordies were lively and I'm sure you'll be the same. The way we are at the minute you're favourites but put your money on a scoring draw!
    The same happened when Wolves got relegated from the premier league, less fans in attendance means less stewards and matchday staff. Wolves following will be loud, but we have an habit of doing ok against those above us in the table, but then struggle against sides that have not won a game for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    How's it going WCV?

I'd like to think we would get the 3 points but by then you may have a new manager, a lift, a new enthusiasm so yeah, it may be a draw.

It's good to see you bringing a bit of culture and basic back down to earth sensibility to the sandwell forum recently
    Hi Newcy,

All good thanks apart from the obvious

I'm going the game myself, I can't get to many due to other commitments - meeting up with an old mate I haven't seen in nearly 20 years. Looking forward to it, these derby games are tense affairs - I've seen us play your lot twice, once in Paul Birch's testimonial where you turned us over 3-2 and the once in the league where we won by the same scoreline in the days of Alex Ray and Juan Pablo Angel.

As for the Sandwell crowd, a lot of them are alright on their board but some just can't help themselves eh, good fun!

Best of luck for the season, except when you play us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)