+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pearson After Match Interview

Pearson After Match Interview

Pearson was interviewed on RD a long time after the game. He said he didn't think some of the players were trying hard enough but he didn't agree his system was to blame for the results. Seems to me he has lost the dressing room, as the saying goes. Can he, should he be given a chance?? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by ramspride View Post
    Pearson was interviewed on RD a long time after the game. He said he didn't think some of the players were trying hard enough but he didn't agree his system was to blame for the results. Seems to me he has lost the dressing room, as the saying goes. Can he, should he be given a chance?? What do you think?
    Get him out now, he should never have been given the job!

I don't think he'll get much more time tbh which is sad because it doesn't matter who's in charge of that squad... we wont achieve f*** all with them.

3m for blackman with 6 months left on his contract... Reading now sit 4th and look a lot better without him.. the bloke can't score from 3 yard out for us, you can't blame Pearson for that level of sh**

If the manager believes some of his players are not trying then he must know who they are and he is left with no option but to give them the boot. One bad apple is trouble, several is a disaster! If he can't sort it then he has to fall on his sword!!How he handles this will define his future at DCFC!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    If the manager believes some of his players are not trying then he must know who they are and he is left with no option but to give them the boot. One bad apple is trouble, several is a disaster! If he can't sort it then he has to fall on his sword!!How he handles this will define his future at DCFC!!
    Its not as simple as that though, its not as if we can have the luxury of having players earning a big wad playing in the U21's is it? So we are stuck with them until January at lest.

Getting rid of Pearson isn't the answer, that would be a few million pissed up the wall and he still needs time. Mind you bet some of those who were slating McClaren are wishing he was in charge now?

Its an interesting fact that we seem to buy players from clubs who then do better without hem - Johnson - Norwich, Blackman - Reading, Ince - Hull and Butterfield - Huddersfield

Pearson's body language on TV I suggested he's genuinely angry at the teams level of effort, not sure if will make any difference I think he's a dead man walking.

My prediction for the new manager? The man y'all call Shteve.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Pearson's body language on TV I suggested he's genuinely angry at the teams level of effort, not sure if will make any difference I think he's a dead man walking.

My prediction for the new manager? The man y'all call Shteve.
    Nah not a chance, though I'm assuming thats tongue firmly in cheek?

Jeez 9 games in and we are calling for the managers head? I think pearson is genuinely puzzled as to why these players are so fragile.

Who is the bloke you call Shteve, its not Steve Bruce is it ?
    And Swale, I agree with what your saying there about the time a manager should have before fans should start talking about him getting sacked. Just 9 games in does sound way too early to say this (about Pearson), but if your a team with certain expectations then being in the bottom 3 at this stage must be a concern.

Not a chance of Schteve - 'I'd have walked to Derby for this job/Newcastle is where I've always wanted to be' - McClaren being welcomed back Andy. We can all identify the 'failures' at Derby, but how many has Pearson brought in?
    Nothing is ever won or lost in September.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 25-09-2016 at 12:30 AM.

I'm personally not saying it's time to get rid, but even after 9 games it is a definitive moment. If players are'nt playing for him he has to ship them out, even if out means stuck on one side until it's possible to formally get rid. Yes, another loss but even one lump of ****e stinks the whole place out. Other players become unsettled so if it's bad cut it out. Over to you NP!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)