+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: iPhone help after IOS 10 upgrade

iPhone help after IOS 10 upgrade

Upgraded my son's iPhone 5S to IOS 10 last week and it fecked it, or bricked as the yoof seem to call it these days. Apple released a further update later on, 10.01, but still not much better.

Told to do a backup and restore, did that, slightly better but still unresponsive at time.

Did a complete reset on friday, and is a little better but still not right.

Anthing else I can do? Its less thn a year old.

Would the Apple Store, which is not where I bought it, fix it free of charge as its still under guarentee or do I need to return it to where I bought it?

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Upgraded my son's iPhone 5S to IOS 10 last week and it fecked it, or bricked as the yoof seem to call it these days. Apple released a further update later on, 10.01, but still not much better.

Told to do a backup and restore, did that, slightly better but still unresponsive at time.

Did a complete reset on friday, and is a little better but still not right.

Anthing else I can do? Its less thn a year old.

Would the Apple Store, which is not where I bought it, fix it free of charge as its still under guarentee or do I need to return it to where I bought it?
    Make an appointment with the genius bar at the Apple store, worst case they will replace it with a refurb if it is still under warranty. If they confirm a fault and you want a brand new replacement, you would have to take it back to the retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by supersneak View Post
    Make an appointment with the genius bar at the Apple store, worst case they will replace it with a refurb if it is still under warranty. If they confirm a fault and you want a brand new replacement, you would have to take it back to the retailer.
    Apple are usually quite good .