+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Do Or Die Meeting

Do Or Die Meeting

Surely there will be a meeting monday morning between Tony Stewart & Alan Stubbs, with inquest to what happened Saturday against Cardiff City, this as to be a do or die meeting.
    Like many of us on the board as said, Tony Stewart needs guidance in football knowledge in the boardroom, answer could be offer Warnock a advisory role on the board, because in the past the boardroom as been guilty in running the football side of the club, finance o/k in the club.
    But the boardroom as to look what is happening on the football pitch, & realise they have made bad decisions, be it the future holds a relegation to division 1, with lower crowds, less finance from the football league, & the club not having finance to bring in players, so club then spends it's seasons in the lower leagues.
    In hindsight when Tony Stewart offered the managers job to Warnock, perhaps if had offered a place ln the boardroom, as a adviser to the club, he might have took the job.
    To the football failings on the pitch, especially in defence, I suggest Alan Stubbs takes the team to Sunday matches watch the local lads, who have been on the bevvy night before, giving their all in blood & ☳ games,

The suggestion that Warnock should be offered an advisory role has come up so many times over the last few months. If it was going to happen then I'd say it would have happened already.

Maybe we will get in another technical adviser with more football knowledge but the way that everyone appears to be clinging to Neil Warnock is getting a little silly now.

Not if Tony Stewart keeps reading the same script, that the fans have knowledge about.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    The suggestion that Warnock should be offered an advisory role has come up so many times over the last few months. If it was going to happen then I'd say it would have happened already.

Maybe we will get in another technical adviser with more football knowledge but the way that everyone appears to be clinging to Neil Warnock is getting a little silly now.
    That's because Warnock has said he wants to come back (people in the know apparently) he did say he would like an adviser role also (interviews) but no club have asked him.

Stubbs needs help from someone with championship experience if he wants to succeed IMO

They had the meeting last Monday...Did the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    They had the meeting last Monday...Did the trick!
    Yes, K, but that wasn't a "Do or Die meeting". That was a "Do nothing but pretend we're doing a lot" meeting. Tony will sort things probably by bringing another family member on to the board. If he finally wises up he has my number.

I don't get this 'advisor' idea. I don't know how much AS is being paid, but either he's capable of organising a side capable of competing in this league, or he isn't. It's what he's being paid to do. I see no sense in employing him and then paying someone else to do the job for him.